• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

WTB Threads Should Have Prices Too...

I don't play that way.

I've asked for that too before. How you been Tim? I haven't seen much of you since RED. Did you forget your old login? I notice a new screen name. Sorta.

lol, doesn't anybody watch American Pickers? I just like the other person to start off with what they think their stuff is worth. It can cut to the chase and save some money lol. It's just my years of hunting antique bicycles, coke machines, gas pumps and car stuff and dickering on prices.

Yeah i had some personal stuff/security concerns intrude into my on line activities and i killed my previous account. Didn't do much, nothing ever dies on line lol. Started over w this name.

Tim

Would it make any difference? Prices are all over the place.
Recently had a member tell me he bought a couple pr off ebay and had about $525 each in them. Yet he values them @ $600 to sell to a forum member. If an Ebay auction doesn't set the price what does?

For many of these styles, Oakley made thousands and thousands and cannot really be considered to be RARE.

Yes, that's why I have always focused on LE's/ SE's.

lol, doesn't anybody watch American Pickers? I just like the other person to start off with what they think their stuff is worth. It can cut to the chase and save some money lol. It's just my years of hunting antique bicycles, coke machines, gas pumps and car stuff and dickering on prices.

Nope. Blacklist (wife likes it), Justified, Archer, The League and Chozen. Might as well dump DirectTV, not sure if I need anything other than FX.
If I play the game and have to state my price first its gonna be double what I want because that's usually how that game is played. Then the buyer will cut it in half.
If I start with my right price people are going to lowball their opening with the expectation that we will meet in the middle.
I like the hunting and buying much more than selling frankly. I built a distribution business so I don't need "juice" from doing deals on Oakleys.
Collecting Oaks is what I do to get away from all of the buying and selling that I have been doing since 1985.

Love Justified. The idea of prices in a wtb thread doesn't really work. Say I want to buy some fandangos. I might be willing to pay 2k for a mint example but only 500 for a beater. I want everyone who has a pair to make me offers. Thats the whole point of posting the ad. Dont force people to Facebook for deals. Less community protection and pairs will end up outside our fold

OGfrog his the nail on the head. Requiring prices in WTB is a horrible idea. If I'm selling something it makes sense to require a price; I have a specific pair in a specific condition with specific extras. If I'm buying something, those variables could be all over the place based on what others have.

Posting a price or range in WTB has been and still is an option if people want to use it. But in no way should it be required.

I do wholeheartedly agree with the idea that prices should be left in threads when sold. Why do people remove them anyways? Don't want people to see how much money they have? Keeping prices up, even if they're different than what the final agreed to price was, is a way to archive that info and provide assistance and guidance for others. For a group that prides itself on assisting the community, the concept of removing prices seems counter productive to that.

I have had multiple items from carguy. He is very up front about what he values his items at. All three times it was... wtb this.. no price given and he wrote me and sais he had what i needed. I ask how much. He gives me price. I say okay and pay. Its worked for me not to list prices but i can see where non salesman types might get frustrated without knowing a starting point.

Latest Posts

Back