• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wtb: Why

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

I'm looking for a set of WHY, specifically rimless. Let me know what you've got.

Some people reacted to this post.
you can also look into the nanowire series

I agree with Brian! The Nanowire series is 10x better than the Why series. I had a pair of Why 8.2's, and they were a little on the heavy side. I don't think the lenses were anti-reflective either. The Nanowire 1.0 is extremely cheap at the moment, has the Anti-Reflective layer & the Hydrophobic coating on the front. I have the Nanowire 2.0 & they are still my favorite pair to date.

I would also check out the Ice Pick. They are such an underrated pair, but work the same (rimless).

Other than that, the Why's are a great pair anyways :smile:. Best of luck!

I have a couple of Nanowires and Ice Picks for sale, so if they peak your interest... ;-)

Wow, thank for all the recommendations guys. That's another reason I love this forum - there are so many knowledgeable people. I'm a beginner, so I'm learning a lot just browsing through, and even more when I get replies like these.

Nanos r on ebay all the time for around $50 nib. I bought a pair. Its a good deal if u don't mind MPH...

Just a reference:

Ice Pick:

apparel-oakley-casual-sunglasses-men-polarized-active-ice-pick.jpg

Extremely light weight & comfortable. Lenses have amazing coverage, and are loaded with the Hydrophobic Coating.

Nanowire 1.0:

Oakley-N003.jpg

Extremely Light Weight & Comfortable. The arms can be bent over completely, and they'll snap right back. The lenses are large I believe. I have never seen a pair first hand, but I know the lenses are a little bigger than the 2.0's.

Nanowire 2.0:

This is the pair I was referring to in my earlier post. These fit so well & are amazing durable. Completely rimless, have the Hydrophobic coating & the Anti-Reflective coating. I have both the Vr28 Black Iridium Polarized & the Black Iridium Polarized pair. They are a little smaller than the 1.0's.

Nanowire 4.0:

apparel-oakley-casual-sunglasses-men-polarized-active-oakley-nanowire-4-0.jpg

Again, an amazing pair. These are very similar to the Splinter's that Oakley has in store...in fact, they are almost exact replicas. However, they are much more comfortable than the Splinter's and sport the same awesome perks that the older models have. However, it is not rimless :sad:

Why 8.2:

43cebc832641a.jpg

There's a ton of different Why models, but this is the only one I have ever owned. From what I remembered, it was a little heavy compared to the above, but have a nice feel overall. These are extremely hard to find though :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very kind of you brother. Thanks.

Username Hidden said:
Just a reference:

Ice Pick:

apparel-oakley-casual-sunglasses-men-polarized-active-ice-pick.jpg

Extremely light weight & comfortable. Lenses have amazing coverage, and are loaded with the Hydrophobic Coating.

Nanowire 1.0:

Oakley-N003.jpg

Extremely Light Weight & Comfortable. The arms can be bent over completely, and they'll snap right back. The lenses are large I believe. I have never seen a pair first hand, but I know the lenses are a little bigger than the 2.0's.

Nanowire 2.0:

This is the pair I was referring to in my earlier post. These fit so well & are amazing durable. Completely rimless, have the Hydrophobic coating & the Anti-Reflective coating. I have both the Vr28 Black Iridium Polarized & the Black Iridium Polarized pair. They are a little smaller than the 1.0's.

Nanowire 4.0:

apparel-oakley-casual-sunglasses-men-polarized-active-oakley-nanowire-4-0.jpg

Again, an amazing pair. These are very similar to the Splinter's that Oakley has in store...in fact, they are almost exact replicas. However, they are much more comfortable than the Splinter's and sport the same awesome perks that the older models have. However, it is not rimless :sad:

Why 8.2:

43cebc832641a.jpg

There's a ton of different Why models, but this is the only one I have ever owned. From what I remembered, it was a little heavy compared to the above, but have a nice feel overall. These are extremely hard to find though :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a problem! I know I went a little overboard, but I'm a huge fan of the Wireframe shades. I feel like they don't get any love haha.