• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Found WTB XX wear pair in X Metal w/Black Iridium lenses

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

Hi,

I am looking to replace the X-Metal XX with Black Iridium I lost when I was younger. I’ve been looking around, but the only XX models I’ve seen for sale have been primarily the Gold ones. If anyone has a pair of the standard X-Metal color XXs in Black Iridium, I’d be very interested.

Cheers

Some people reacted to this post.
Hello and welcome to the forum!

The XX frame is really a cool one - nice choice!

Here is a link to O-Review, which shows the various color ways that Oakley produced the XX in.

The “Black Iridium” is refering to the lenses on the XX frame. There are now several options available, including getting modern Prizm lenses custom cut to fit the XX frame.

There are several customizers on the forum, who can make you a Black XX frame, (That is not a standard XX colorway) or any other color for that matter! Check out the “DIY” section for really cool examples.

Good luck with your search & welcome to the forum!

Hi, thanks for the info!

I did realize realize the Black Iridium was the lens color. I’ve seen a couple of the Prism lenses, they seem pretty nice. For a start, though, I’m really trying to find something as close as the original pair that I lost as possible. It was one of the original XXs, standard color (what I called “gunmetal grey”) with Black Iridium lenses. I was pretty heartbroken when I lost them, if I can find a similar pair that’s be awesome. I actually still have the original box and coin in storage somewhere.

Happy to help, and you came to the right forum to find your gem!

The X Metal finish (the gray one), came with Black Iridium lenses.

I would recommend changing your Looking for add to something like:

WTB XX in X Metal w/Black Iridium lenses

What condition do you want?
-Do you plan to wear and enjoy, or look at it and enjoy?

Also Polarized or standard lenses?

Thanks, I really appreciate the suggestions!
Definitely looking for ones to wear for an initial purchase, polarized would be preferred but not a deal breaker.

Username Hidden said:
Thanks, I really appreciate the suggestions!
Definitely looking for ones to wear for an initial purchase, polarized would be preferred but not a deal breaker.
Unfortunately this one not for sale but if this what you after its an x metal xx with custom cut bip lenses? They are my favourite frame and super comfortable. My suggestion is dont discount the other xx frames or a beat up frame as there are some super skilled craftsmen on here that can restore or customise anything depending on where you are in the world! If the box and coin have no sentimental value to you id suggest selling it as they are collectable as well. Best of luck mate
20200207_121542.jpg

Depends as to where you are located price wise. I know of a couple of pairs going in Germany, Both Complete, One wants €600, Not sure if he will post out of Germany, Another complete set at €460 but he wouldnt.
There is also a Ti02 complete set up at €550 he will send out and he is flexible on price.
In the UK a couple have just gone for £450 ish on ebay.

Rarity means the cost is double of equivalent Juliets

Username Hidden said:
Unfortunately this one not for sale but if this what you after its an x metal xx with custom cut bip lenses? They are my favourite frame and super comfortable. My suggestion is dont discount the other xx frames or a beat up frame as there are some super skilled craftsmen on here that can restore or customise anything depending on where you are in the world! If the box and coin have no sentimental value to you id suggest selling it as they are collectable as well. Best of luck mate
View attachment 758623
That one in the middle definitely looks like the pair I used to have. Being new to the community and being out of the loop since the x-metals were discontinued, is it fair to say most of them have replacement aftermarket lenses at this point? I assume this is what you mean by custom cut lenses?
Thanks for the response!

Username Hidden said:
That one in the middle definitely looks like the pair I used to have. Being new to the community and being out of the loop since the x-metals were discontinued, is it fair to say most of them have replacement aftermarket lenses at this point? I assume this is what you mean by custom cut lenses?
Thanks for the response!
yes the lenses are usually replacement because the originals are long since discontinued and originals will command a high price for purists and collectors, those lenses above are all Oakley cut from donor lenses from the Oakley range. @Chris A Hardaway is the professional that can cut you any Oakley lens you want and they will be perfect! sourcing the xx frame on the other hand is tricky as stated above they are more rare than juliets and command a high price. ive seen them sell for 350-500 USD. best of luck mate I hope you get a pair

Found a good deal on the exact ones I was looking for on eBay, so excited to have an XX again!

Status
Not open for further replies.