• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake X-Metals with option to engrave serial number

Status
Not open for further replies.
@NuttyOAK13Y: Mike. Buying is not wrong, but selling it to look the same as Oem is. In fact, ProzoneUK asked to send samples in the hope that we can cooperate, but we respectfully decline the offer.

Every aftermarket companies is checking the competitors out. This is happening in a general business sense is that you buy to check product quality. But I do not sell their items on my platform = which means I endorse them. That is a different story.

(OXM, ProzoneUK, Walleva, Revant... they buy my rubber parts and lens sometimes; they use their eBay ID not even using personal ID, and I don't care. And when you have a website/store, it is open to everyone.)

And that is what we are talking about here, that those buying and resell ProzoneUK lenses to look as Oem which is a concern we are discussing/suggesing that ProzoneUK can do something about it.

Thanks Kimsan. We discuss many things. The Romeo 1 lenses everyone was so concerned about are a non issue now anyway lol. The etching has been removed completely from now on. I will still be matching OEM specs when it comes to size and base colours. My new Ruby is a nice light blue the same as the originals. I don't have permission to use the name 'retail' yet but all my lenses are made by Zeiss. They are incredible and were very open to the idea when I first approached them.

Thanks Kimsan. We discuss many things. The Romeo 1 lenses everyone was so concerned about are a non issue now anyway lol. The etching has been removed completely from now on. I will still be matching OEM specs when it comes to size and base colours. My new Ruby is a nice light blue the same as the originals. I don't have permission to use the name 'retail' yet but all my lenses are made by Zeiss. They are incredible and were very open to the idea when I first approached them.
I thought I had read Fuse+ was made by Zeiss? I love Zeiss glass. I Use it in scopes for archery. Good quality. Swaro is the only better glass in the archery world. (And binos)

I thought I had read Fuse+ was made by Zeiss? I love Zeiss glass. I Use it in scopes for archery. Good quality. Swaro is the only better glass in the archery world. (And binos)

Andy at Zeiss when I went to the factory told me all about why FUSE don't use them any more. I was told not to tell but it involves CZ telling FUSE jog on and a rather large debt owed. I'll say no more. All FUSE stuff is now from China. I already knew they were good before I approached them, my night vision scope is by them and it's awesome :)

Last edited:
Fair play to you, @ProzoneUK for listening to our opinions on your product.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I have to agree. He didn’t get overly defensive and was understanding to the points about the etching. I also noticed his eBay ads now say custom lenses, whereas, I don’t believe they did awhile back. (Could be wrong on this)

Prices are a little high, as Custom cut OEM is not much more...but he does have a nice selection...

I have to agree. He didn’t get overly defensive and was understanding to the points about the etching. I also noticed his eBay ads now say custom lenses, whereas, I don’t believe they did awhile back. (Could be wrong on this)

Prices are a little high, as Custom cut OEM is not much more...but he does have a nice selection...

That's correct. I updated my stuff right across Amazon/ebay etc to show they are custom lenses. Later this year they will have totally unique packaging so no confusion.
I know my prices are a little high but they are a top notch company bro. They really know their stuff. The prices will start to come down ;-)

I can already offer hefty group buy discounts to fellow o'bros outside of feebay ;-)

Last edited:

+1 I was a **** and @ProzoneUK didnt go nuclear. You passed the test man, you’ll fit in fine around here!

I have always found @Linegear Japan to be a good company to work with and Kimsan always answers my questions promptly and honestly.

This thread is a real Rollar Coaster ride and a potential powder keg of emotion, just goes to show the passion and care we have for our “Obsession”.

Some staunch fellas on here, in the end the truth will out.

Last edited:
I have always found @Linegear Japan to be a good company to work with and Kimsan always answers my questions promptly and honestly.

This thread is a real Rollar Coaster ride and a potential powder keg of emotion, just goes to show the passion and care we have for our “Obsession”.

Some staunch fellas in here, in the end the truth will out.

+ 1 I totally agree with your opinion
Kimsan is always polite and gave answers back very fast @Linegear Japan are doing a good job, no doubt about it.

And as well @ProzoneUK good that you shared your opinions and thoughts on a positive way without felt insulted.

That’s what a discussion thread should be all about it without feeling offended or using bad words to each other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back