• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

WTS - SI Ten W/ VR28 BIP Lenses

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

This was added to another thread but I didn't realize the titles don't update, so I'm posting it on its own now.

I have a set of SI Ten frames that I put VR28 Black Iridium Polarized lenses in a week or two ago. Frame was bought on eBay, lenses bought and installed at the local Vault.

Just not feeling these after wearing them out a few times. The frame just doesn't fit quite right. Paid $40 for the frame and $85 for the lens. I only have a micro bag for these, and the box for the lenses.

Price is $115.

I'd like to trade for a Radar, Inmate or some other older styles -the previous Tens, Fives/Fives 2.0, Fours. Willing to entertain other offers.

Better pictures on request
2011-11-04165431.jpg

Some people reacted to this post.
what did the previuos tens look like? I felt the same way about the Scalpel's,,,,loved them at first, never thought i'd sell them..later realized I felt they look just goofy on me. *shrug* guess it takes time to see what works and what doesn't for someone.

The old ones were probably my favorite style of the Jackets. They didn't have unobtanium and fit like a large Five. The dimpling on the stems of these and the first 2 generations of Fives looks awesome, along with clean lines that still look aggressive.

They're from the late 90's to early 00's, along with the first gen Fives and Fours.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the First Gen Fives!

Username Hidden said:
The old ones were probably my favorite style of the Jackets. They didn't have unobtanium and fit like a large Five. The dimpling on the stems of these and the first 2 generations of Fives looks awesome, along with clean lines that still look aggressive.

They're from the late 90's to early 00's, along with the first gen Fives and Fours.
look like a eyejacket on steroids haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking around for them off and on for a few years. I've seen a few pairs on ebay from time to time, but due to the age it's rough finding them in good shape, and no chances of new lenses from Oakley.

I owned a pair of Twenty for about 5 years and they had not a single mark on them, I have no idea how people let $200 glasses look like they spent a week in a woodchipper.

There's a set of Ten frames on ebay for $100, but like I said no chance of finding lenses unless I start calling every store looking for some old stock. Then it's still $100 for 10+ year old frames that don't have lenses for some reason.

There's a good looking set of 1st gen Fives on ebay for $20, tempting, even though they're tortoise frames and the lenses are pitted.

At this point I'd probably take a set of Tens or Fives 2 in frame/lens colors I'd never normally consider, like 10W40, Rootbeer, Crystal, Butterscotch.

Bump this back up.

Really looking to fund a set of Radars, or trade for some.

Also willing to trade for a Holbrook, maybe.