• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

WTT NIB 24K Juliet For L Medusa

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Figured I'd float it, present collectability/ value vs future collectablity/ value.

You can actually wear the 24K's to work everyday if you wish (I wore mine today), not sure if you can do that with the Medusa- depends on where you work and what you do.

Some people reacted to this post.
Just a thought you might try to offer up something else along with the 24k Juliets because they are not worth near as much as a Medusa and especially a size Large, they are very hard to come by in good condition and usually sell for $1,000!

Username Hidden said:
Just a thought you might try to offer up something else along with the 24k Juliets because they are not worth near as much as a Medusa and especially a size Large, they are very hard to come by in good condition and usually sell for $1,000!

Good observation and one that I considered. Instead I incepted a premise when I stated "Present collectability/ value vs future collectablity/ value".

Will Medusas increase in value higher than the 1K as they currently are? I dunno and I also dunno the production run of large Medusas.

Given the 750 unit run of the 24K's, will they approach or exceed 1K? I dunno either but probably, IMHO. But I do know that 750 24K's were produced and I suspect that there were more leather Mars produced and they approach 1K around Christmas.

So in a vacuum and over time would there be equivalent value between Medusas and 24K's?

I was just throwing it out there but it makes for good conversation!

I think the medusa will go higher and be on a higher climb than the 24k Juliet's.
I have only been collecting for a year or so. I have seen medusa's climb from the 6-700 range to the 9-1100 range.

Medusa's are extremely rare most were used by motorcycle riders and have long time been in the landfills.

Wearability I give it to the 24k collector value I give to the medusa.

To give you a example I was offered a mint C six aluminum and 1000 cash for my complete medusa and I turned it down.

Username Hidden said:
I think the medusa will go higher and be on a higher climb than the 24k Juliet's.
I have only been collecting for a year or so. I have seen medusa's climb from the 6-700 range to the 9-1100 range.

Medusa's are extremely rare most were used by motorcycle riders and have long time been in the landfills.

To give you a example I was offered a mint C six aluminum and 1000 cash for my complete medusa and I turned it down.

that's pretty intense man... lol

The Medusa L/XL went from $600 a few years ago, to $1000 couple of years ago, to upwards of $1500+.

I've seen some sell for $2,000 for the Medusa, alone.

I commend you for trying, though.

Username Hidden said:
Medusa's are extremely rare.

Agreed they are- any production numbers? Search did not show. 24k is clear.

Username Hidden said:
most were used by motorcycle riders and have long time been in the landfills.

I reject that- I know that this is the fact/legend behind the Medusa. Especially on a rainy day like to today, a Buckeye can imagine every cycle rider in California rocking one but I don't agree that this is a factor in attrition.

Username Hidden said:

Agreed- the Medusa was so out there in just the right way and the 24K is exponentially more functional.

Username Hidden said:

Username Hidden said:
that's pretty intense man... lol

+1

For the motorcycle riders go to Daytona you will see some there every year.

Fr wearability I give it to the normal person would be the 24k. For me it has to be the medusa. I think the 24k is gaudy and too flashy to actually wear.

Username Hidden said:
For the motorcycle riders go to Daytona you will see some there every year.

I ride a CBR900RR and rode a Redneck Rocket hardtail to Bike Week a couple of years ago. I did not see a single Medusa but had a freakin' awesome time nonetheless!

All joking aside is you want to try to trade a 24k Juliet for a medusa. You will have a lot better chance saying that you will add or put the pair out for trade. The 24k Juliet and 24k x squared.

Latest Posts

Back