• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-MAN - Custom matte black or cerekote black?

DrtyHarry

Oakley Expert
Hey Fellas,

I want to send one of my Pennys to the @THE X-MAN and have him change the color to black. I know he offers both matte black and cerekote black....and I am not really sure which way to go. Is one finish stronger than the other?

Would anyone happen to have any pics other than what is posted on his site? I would LOVE to be able to see them side by side if anyone has a picture like like that. I THINK I like the look of the cerekote finish better...they look a bit darker and have a slight texture to the finish. My other decision is if I should have the rivets hidden or not. I think I may want them hidden if going all black. Thoughts?

Thanks fellas....I'll be sure to share pics when the project is complete.

Harry

Last edited:
Here are 2 examples of X Man's Matte Black Cerakote. Both with Chrome.... Amazing finish....2 of my favorite frames from him. These are #12 & #13.....have no hesitations. Flawless and extremely durable.

f98b646c9dc17b1d98e9f067be9f2c1f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a Juliet done in his Black Cerakote. I also had him do one for my brother as a gift last year. Then I had him do Another one for my mom for her birthday.... So yeah, you could say I'm a big fan of this finish, haha! I love the way it feels and looks. Don't hesitate to have him do it, you won't be disappointed!

Back