• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X men juilets

Oh and just 1 more to really get the crowd wild: A Rayban frame in an Oakley forum for the latest Apocalypse movie:

xmen - apocalypse.jpg

See zoomed in pic of the awesomeness of the RAY BAN logo: http://www.oakleyforum.com/posts/554060/

:behindsofa:

Oh and just 1 more to really get the crowd wild: A Rayban frame in an Oakley forum for the latest Apocalypse movie:

View attachment 188594

See zoomed in pic of the awesomeness of the RAY BAN logo: http://www.oakleyforum.com/posts/554060/

:behindsofa:

I think they look great. May get a pair of Ruby lenses for my Wayfarers.

The X-Metal/Ruby Juliets in my avatar thing are the X-Men movie release glasses that Oakley came out with around the time of the first movie: They are the X-Metal frame for sure. But as others have stated, the ones in the movie are a custom pair, basically Juliets with side blinders and special red lenses that don't change color based on the angle. The lenses in the version you buy were their 1st Ruby Iridium lenses, which are different to the ones you can buy today. They are somewhat desired and back in the day when i bought them, they were $400 compared to the $275 it cost to buy the "normal" juliets. Not really sure why though...

IMG_2668_zps11fqzwrz.jpg

they were $400 compared to the $275 it cost to buy the "normal" juliets. Not really sure why though...
As I understand it they cost more to manufacture, which stands to reason. As time progressed they cut corners and Ruby became Fruby.

I think they look great. May get a pair of Ruby lenses for my Wayfarers.

The X-Metal/Ruby Juliets in my avatar thing are the X-Men movie release glasses that Oakley came out with around the time of the first movie: They are the X-Metal frame for sure. But as others have stated, the ones in the movie are a custom pair, basically Juliets with side blinders and special red lenses that don't change color based on the angle. The lenses in the version you buy were their 1st Ruby Iridium lenses, which are different to the ones you can buy today. They are somewhat desired and back in the day when i bought them, they were $400 compared to the $275 it cost to buy the "normal" juliets. Not really sure why though...

IMG_2668_zps11fqzwrz.jpg
The reason for the higher cost apart from the movie tie-in is due to the amount of coatings the first gen Rubys had applied and more relavently the amount of lenses which had to be binned due to the high inconsistency of the Ruby colour. It was a real BITCH to get the same look throughout. There is a more factual account I belive, somewhere on this site, but someones going to have to chime In because I don't know the whereabouts.

Last edited:
Hi Guys!
Just wanted to ask if anyone can point me to a trusted company that can tighten up the Juliet coupler nose bridge.
Much appreciate

Thank you.
Ricky

Latest Posts

Back