• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal collection

How much for the Juliet JBR and the Penny Copper?
I would be interested in those two if you decide to break the set.
Thanks for the great photos!

Last edited:
Hi all, I haven't been on the forum for a while, but thought I'd get my X Metals out for a look.
I've got rid of a lot, but as it stands I have 10 left which consist of -

Penny :
1 x Copper Penny in near mint condition (unboxed) $500-600
1 x XM Penny number XM000125 Mint (unboxed) $500-600 (should be a bit more but the lenses you have are more fruby)

Juliet's:
1x Juliet Ichiro polished carbon in matching box (mint) $700-$750 closer to $750 due to low serial
1 x Juliet Ichiro polished with emerald lenses and serial number in matching box (mint) $650
1 x Juliet Ichiro carbon with blue iridium and new set of green blue lenses in matching box (mint) $1200-$1400
1 x Juliet Ichiro XM with slate iridium in matching box (mint) $750-$850
1 x Juliet JBR in matching box (mint) $700-$750
1 x Juliet Polished/blue iridium matching box (mint) $350-$450
1 x Juliet carbon Ducati non matching box serial number 0169 $325-$350

XX:
1 x Plasma with ice iridium in matching box (mint, but slight wobble on nose bridge) $850-$950

I have a lot of spares too and some spare lenses like 1st edition Ruby Juliet lenses and blue iridium.

Just wondering if you guys had an idea on how much the collection might be worth?

Thanks all! ;)

Coming from someone who has acquired and is always thinking of buying/selling here are my thoughts on your collection, in a bit more detail. (noted above Low-to High selling by piece)

As mentioned previously these are leaner times for xmetals as I think the fauX-metals softened the market. Too many new collectors get brought in by the new stuff being sold around $100 that they devalued the real Xmetals. I think the prices will swing around faster for the more common pairs in collectable condition while the harder to find pairs will plateau.

To elaborate, If I need a Plasma fire juliet and want complete, Mint, I would be willing to fork over $400. I wouldn't settle for a non-matching for $350, because at that point I would wait for a beater with a nice box for $200 or less and tune it up. now raise the price to $1200 for carbon Blue Ichiros and getting a non match for a $50 discount? I would probably take it! unlikely to find a beater carbon with a matched box for $600, otherwise I would have 4.

My recommendation since you are in no hurry, sell what you can if you are getting a fair price, and wait out the ones that dont get attention. dont wait too long though, I never thought the days of sub $1000 Polished carbon Ichiros would ever come. let alone full sets going for under $700, it feels like a few months ago, thats what the non-serial emerald slate ichiros were going for about that.

GULP!!! I never thought the prices would be that low. Like you, I have sold and bought over many years and always enjoyed wearing and displaying them, but still knowing they were a great investment.

I guess it's all swings and roundabouts!

Thanks for the advice though, appreciate it! ;)

Just my thoughts, I'm beginning to realise that the market is on a downturn due to new collectors buying in the more readily available X Metals, but 20+ years ago I was a new collector myself and started with one or two pieces, but over the years the more collectable pieces are the holy grails to anyone who collects. You start with one rare piece and it goes from there. I'm a firm believer that prices will rise again due to new collectors admiration for the X Metal, which is genuinely a piece of pure art!

Coming from someone who has acquired and is always thinking of buying/selling here are my thoughts on your collection, in a bit more detail. (noted above Low-to High selling by piece)

As mentioned previously these are leaner times for xmetals as I think the fauX-metals softened the market. Too many new collectors get brought in by the new stuff being sold around $100 that they devalued the real Xmetals. I thinkprices will swing around faster for the more common pairs in collectable condition while the harder to find pairs will plateau.

To elaborate, If I need a Plasma fire juliet and want complete, Mint, I would be willing to fork over $400. I wouldn't settle for a non-matching for $350, because at that point I would wait for a beater with a nice box for $200 or less and tune it up. now raise the price to $1200 for carbon Blue Ichiros and getting a non match for a $50 discount? I would probably take it! unlikely to find a beater carbon with a matched box for $600, otherwise I would have 4.

My recommendation since you are in no hurry, sell what you can if you are getting a fair price, and wait out the ones that dont get attention. dont wait too long though, I never thought the days of sub $1000 Polished carbon Ichiros would ever come. let alone full sets going for under $700, it feels like a few months ago, thats what the non-serial emerald slate ichiros were going for about that.

Last edited:
hi I am very interesting on the Juliet ducaty

okley.jpg