• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
But that number isn't the sku of the frame. Are you suggesting a sku for the label?

For my xx it's the same date but different beginning numbers
They should share some numbers, I believe the 1st ### ID the Family, 2nd set ### ID the Model/Colorway, 3rd ### would be specific to which revision - maybe not in that order but generally that seems to be the structure behind the 3 sets or number sku styles. I believe I came across a post on o-review that explained the whole system behind skus - if I find it I'll post it here.

I instead found some other links that might aid you in your research if you haven't come across them yourself yet.

O-Review
Juliet models released in chronological order

x-metal S/N Registry - perhaps a certain s/n listed is of interest regarding a split point between label timeline, an you can try to inquire to owner on info about em if active

Last edited:
I’m starting this thread since we do not have a dedicated thread to the old school color labels that were on specific skus. My intention are the following:
  1. Create a compiled master sku list for the skus that at one point were released with a color label. I believe I have the complete list but if anyone has seen other examples please do comment so I can update.
  2. Identify the latest confirmed serial # released that offered a color label for each sku. The very first releases were the first ones (e.g. early serials) and then at serial number ### they switched to non-color labels. This is by far not complete and is in it's infancy. I will need input from other member’s collections and sightings to complete. In the mean time I am putting the latest serials I have seen at this point. I will update as more information comes in.
  3. Provide examples of each label for informative purposes. I’ve taken some pictures from old threads so if anyone owns the pairs and wants them removed feel free to message me and I’ll remove it. Also, feel free to add pictures in the comments
By my count of confirmed color labels I have seen through various threads or I own, there is a total of 15 color label releases. @SiRacer420 has pointed out that there are two variations of sku’s 04-110 & 04-111. If anyone has seen any other examples of this, I would love to hear or even better see examples of it. Thank you all

R1
04-100 X Metal – Black: Color Label with handwritten serial on front label*. Latest Serial 78657
04-101 Ti – Gold: Color Label with handwritten serial on front label* Latest Serial 038437. Earliest non color label 038482
*For both of the R1’s the outerbox has a sku number instead of a serial. They also are the only one that has a picture on the outerbox

XX
04-120 X Metal - BI Color Label with printed serial on bottom. Latest serial XX14231
04-121 Tio2 - BI Color Label with printed serial on bottom. Latest Serial XT009802 Earliest non color label XT019235
04-122 24k - 24k Color Label with printed serial on bottom. Latest Serial XG005048 Earliest non color label XG007876

Mars
04-103 XM – Black: Handwritten serial and printed serial on bottom**
04-104 XM Leather - Gold: Handwritten serial and printed serial on bottom**
04-105 XM Crater – Black Handwritten serial and printed serial on bottom**
**For all 3 mars, serial numbers should match both outerbox and innerbox labels for a complete match. It is very common outerbox will not match, even when it is the original outer box.
-To my knowledge all the above Mars skus have color labels and were never released without a color label

Juliet
04-110 XM Black: Two confirmed types of color labels:
  1. Handwritten serial and printed serial on bottom*** Latest Serial J005626
  2. Only Printed Serial on bottom. Latest Serial J106289
04-111 Ti Gold: Two confirmed types of color labels:
  1. Handwritten serial and printed serial on bottom***. Latest Serial T003799 Earliest non handwritten label T07333
  2. Only Printed Serial on bottom: Latest serial T022067. Earliest non color label T044182A
04-112 XM Gold: Color Label with printed serial on bottom (very rare I believe)
04-113 Plasma Fire: Color Label with printed serial on bottom. Latest Serial P023027
04-114 Plasma Ice: Color Label with printed serial on bottom Latest Serial JI007161
***Hand written serial number sets should match both outerbox and innerbox labels for a complete match. It is very common outerbox will not match, even when it is the original outer box

No Confirmed Color Labels for the Following Early Skus:
  • Romeo 04-102 Plasma – Fire
  • XX 04-125 Plasma – Ice: confirmed sighting of a sub 1K serial and no color label
  • Mars 04-106 XM – Emerald & 04-107 XM – Ruby
  • Juliet 04-115 Plasma Emerald & 04-116 XM Ruby

View attachment 718412View attachment 718413View attachment 718414View attachment 718415View attachment 718416View attachment 718417View attachment 718418View attachment 718419View attachment 718420View attachment 718421View attachment 718423View attachment 724107
View attachment 725243
Woah bro :shock:,
If I had written this, it would certainly be the crowning jewel of any of my X-metal Lists.

People just don't realise the time and research that would have been put in to make this information available to the rest of us.

But I certainly do.

Seriously. Fantastic job. :drinks:

Flippin' tag me already for any other lists you do. I need to link them to existing stuff I'm managing. I can't believe I missed this particular thread (in my defence, I've been on a little hiatus recently)!!!

Woah bro :shock:,
If I had written this, it would certainly be the crowning jewel of any of my X-metal Lists.

People just don't realise the time and research that would have been put in to make this information available to the rest of us.

But I certainly do.

Seriously. Fantastic job. :drinks:

Flippin' tag me already for any other lists you do. I need to link them to existing stuff I'm managing. I can't believe I missed this particular thread (in my defence, I've been on a little hiatus recently)!!!
Thanks buddy!

Mr. @PapioXmetal is selling a beautiful Juliet - Ti / Gold w/ color label box and serial T039092A (SKU 04-111). I am assuming that's a matching box - to be confirmed. I have serial T041893A w/o a color label on the box. Consequently, the transition has taken place somewhere between those two serials (delta of 2801).

Latest Posts

Back