• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal countertop pedestal DIY

reggavegga

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Cincinnati, Ohio
I know I would never ever find an original Oakley countertop X metal pedestal. So I got to thinking maybe I could make something similar. Again I got some aluminum from work and some carriage bolts too. I was working at a hardware store this week and they had a scrap piece of 1/4 inch plexiglass I said that would be perfect for a bottom shelf. They cut it for me and told me 8 bucks as I was leaving they said its yours. So again with some time and tools I made something cool. Also it was FREE to make. Without further ado.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I know I would never ever find an original Oakley countertop X metal pedestal. So I got to thinking maybe I could make something similar. Again I got some aluminum from work and some carriage bolts too. I was working at a hardware store this week and they had a scrap piece of 1/4 inch plexiglass I said that would be perfect for a bottom shelf. They cut it for me and told me 8 bucks as I was leaving they said its yours. So again with some time and tools I made something cool. Also it was FREE to make. Without further ado.

View attachment 219581

View attachment 219582

View attachment 219583
I like it but what matters is that you like it. ;)

View attachment 219581

View attachment 219582

View attachment 219583
Just like the book stand it looks og. Great work.

I know it is bothering me too...Standing up next to it you don't see it. Not until I leaned down to take pic did I see it..

Won't take long to file down though........and besides, other than that, you've made a great functional addition. Go on, finish it right.

Latest Posts

Back