• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal countertop pedestal DIY

Very nice work again. Making custom additions for displays is the best way to show off how you want.

I know I would never ever find an original Oakley countertop X metal pedestal. So I got to thinking maybe I could make something similar. Again I got some aluminum from work and some carriage bolts too. I was working at a hardware store this week and they had a scrap piece of 1/4 inch plexiglass I said that would be perfect for a bottom shelf. They cut it for me and told me 8 bucks as I was leaving they said its yours. So again with some time and tools I made something cool. Also it was FREE to make. Without further ado.

View attachment 219581

View attachment 219582

View attachment 219583

Awesome work! Unfortunately, if I had some scraps of metal laying around and attempted to make a Xmetal pedestal, my craftsman skills would yield what would appear to be "scraps of metal laying around":(

SEND VA.!

Very nice work! I actually have the original pedestal but someone bought the top part before I had the chance to get it.

View attachment 219593

Since you don't have the countertop cabinet you may as well get rid of it.... SEND VA! ;)

If I was wanted to I could add another shelf because it is 3 ft. high but I don't really need to and my book wouldn't fit....

Back