• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-metal Factory In Japan

Nortika

I own Oakley
Premium Member
Lafayette, Co
I was at the o store the other day and the clerk told me they are making an x-metal factory in Japan. Has anybody herd of this?

Employees hear all kinds of rumors and relate them to customers. I haven't heard it from anyone on here that actually gets insider information so I would take it with a grain of salt.

I know originally when the plant in Nevada was closed down Oakley themselves stated production would be done elsewhere but there was never an update on that.

Hmm, I say maybe there is some validity to that. I had a Titanium WHY 3. It said Made in Japan on it. I recently found a old Oakley Catalog with the WHY 3 in it and they call it a X-Metal. We don't know how the new X-Metals will be but if they already had a company making stuff for them in Japan using the same materials, why can't the production and stuff be done for them in Japan.

I haven't heard anything about a Japan or Californian plant. Last I heard was that X-Metal line was being discontinued. This was when the plant was closed.

Latest Posts

Back