• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Fakes?

I love their description too. Bought new from Oakley for my Collection....No box or bag.....

If you bought it as a collector from Oakley. You surely would have the box coin and Microfiber.
Scammers. Also no pics of any of the details, screw heads, bad lighting all the tells of someone hiding something.
Asked them to provide close up photos of inside of nosepiece x-metal logo serial number etc and nose bomb mounts
NO response :mad: and says they do not have a serial number
Are there legit Romeos that do not have a serial number though?
Sure I have seen a pair somewhere which looked original but with no serial number

Asked them to provide close up photos of inside of nosepiece x-metal logo serial number etc and nose bomb mounts
NO response :mad: and says they do not have a serial number
Are there legit Romeos that do not have a serial number though?
Sure I have seen a pair somewhere which looked original but with no serial number

You can get warranty pairs without serial and not forgetting when they get refurbished (polished, x-metal to name a couple ),can remove serials as well.
Just do the usual checks: are the screws torx 6s, are the intake ports functional, are the ends of the ear stems flowing with arc of the stems or do they jut out,.........yadda, yadda, yadda.......

Last edited:
This is what is written though on the description-
"This is a rare polished X metal Romeo for sale. Never worn, bought new from Oakley for collections. No scratches, excellent condition. No box . Comes with Oakley cleaning bag.No Serial Numbers"
And wont provide close up photos of the item as requested o_O:confused:
Surely if you bought new for your collection, why would you not keep the box, coin etc
I know I would.

Look at the nose bomb holders they gotta be fake surely

6.jpg

The problem is he wants approx. $850 / £650 buy it now for them with just the microfibre bag/no serial number and wont provide any detailed close up photos of the inside of the nosepiece/x-metal logo, if I was going to spend that sort of money(which I wouldn't on this pair) I would want everything with them including some original lenses, box and coin etc.

Last edited:
I am not an expert but I would definitely avoid as the pictures aren't great, you'd expect to see clear pictures posted on an item priced at around £650 and would definitely post clear, detailed pictures if requested to do so by a potential customer, especially if you had nothing to hide !!! As you have stated there is no serial number although they could be a warranty replacement or refurbished as per Funky-Trixtar's reply. Something definitely doesn't sit quite right with me on the authenticity of this particular pair of Romeo's, another worrying thing is if these are indeed fakes then what about the other Oakleys that are listed under the same UserID?

These are not the Oakley's you are looking for.... :D

The problem is he wants approx. $850 / £650 buy it now for them with just the microfibre bag/no serial number and wont provide any detailed close up photos of the inside of the nosepiece/x-metal logo, if I was going to spend that sort of money(which I wouldn't on this pair) I would want everything with them including some original lenses, box and coin etc.

Yeah, the price is enough to make it a pass.

And also "never worn" is in the description so why haven't they got the original x-metal logo lenses with them then?-why would you buy a brand new pair of Romeos "for your collection", never wear them but change the lenses??………….

Back