• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal February 15, 2015

I'm not sure if it's been brought up yet with the Madman/Badman yet, but the hinges look alot like the hinge's on my half-x which we all know are a failed design (just lost my first pair of them and pretty mad about it). I was told by a sales associate they were the exact hinge as the half-x but they could be uninformed as well. Any thoughts on this out there?

PS also heard all the RAW madman's are gone now too.

I'm not sure if it's been brought up yet with the Madman/Badman yet, but the hinges look alot like the hinge's on my half-x which we all know are a failed design (just lost my first pair of them and pretty mad about it). I was told by a sales associate they were the exact hinge as the half-x but they could be uninformed as well. Any thoughts on this out there?

Funny I posted it and noone said anything haha. All the half x haters

They sure do look a like but i think the ones on the new releases are stronger believe indid abuse them they did not break. If i do those on the half x it would snapped real easily.

Oakley has released a sh!tload of frames with spring hinges since the half-X, without the same problems. I consider it a non-issue until it's proven to be otherwise...

You know, I really think these would get a lot less criticism if they hadn't been called x-metals. Obviously they pale in comparison, but the comparison is only being made because of the marketing re-branding. By themselves, they're not bad. Not x-metals, but not bad.

For example, the new wiretap - all-metal C-5, spring hinges, half frame. Yet no comparisons to x-metals or the half-X were made, even though one could argue that they're closer to x-metals than these new things. Why, because they weren't branded x-metals?

It sucks that the new things were called x-metals but enough; we need to get over it already...

Oakley has released a sh!tload of frames with spring hinges since the half-X, without the same problems. I consider it a non-issue until it's proven to be otherwise...

You know, I really think these would get a lot less criticism if they hadn't been called x-metals. Obviously they pale in comparison, but the comparison is only being made because of the marketing re-branding. By themselves, they're not bad. Not x-metals, but not bad.

For example, the new wiretap - all-metal C-5, spring hinges, half frame. Yet no comparisons to x-metals or the half-X were made, even though one could argue that they're closer to x-metals than these new things. Why, because they weren't branded x-metals?

It sucks that the new things were called x-metals but enough; we need to get over it already...
Yea im just saying was the biggest knock on Half X. Just trying to stir the pot lol

Yea im just saying was the biggest knock on Half X. Just trying to stir the pot lol

lol...

potstirrer.jpg

Back