• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Frame Questions

D78AD1B9-F4AC-4DFC-99C7-3F0F61626F33.jpeg

My advice, get a pair of each. X squared, Juliet’s, Romeo. I actually wear all of them and it’s quite nice to have options. The first pair I bought were the XX though and those ignited my craving for more. Then I bought hammerstem polished Juliet’s and put fire lenses in them, polarized ones. I tend to wear these more even thought fitment is smaller, there’s a gap in my lower periorbital region, which I don’t have with xs , Romeo or XX.

image.jpg

image.jpg

My advice, get a pair of each. X squared, Juliet’s, Romeo. I actually wear all of them and it’s quite nice to have options. The first pair I bought were the XX though and those ignited my craving for more. Then I bought hammerstem polished Juliet’s and put fire lenses in them, polarized ones. I tend to wear these more even thought fitment is smaller, there’s a gap in my lower periorbital region, which I don’t have with xs , Romeo or XX.

View attachment 766490

View attachment 766491

I wish I had that kind of money because that's the easiest way to tell! Yeah I have that gap in the lower periobital region with a lot of sunglasses and it drives me nuts. That's why I'm looking for something with the width of the Fuel Cell and Inmate as I don't have that problem with them. Great pics, thanks!

I wish I had that kind of money because that's the easiest way to tell! Yeah I have that gap in the lower periobital region with a lot of sunglasses and it drives me nuts. That's why I'm looking for something with the width of the Fuel Cell and Inmate as I don't have that problem with them. Great pics, thanks!
Well if your looking for x metal, on a budget, and want that fitment grab a pair of used xx frames. Then have xman tune em and have hardaway make you lenses. I went that route last year and wore those for a solid 6 months. I still wear them , those tio2s in the pic. My only regret is not getting polarized lenses for them. I think personally once I get my hands on a pair of XX polished with polarized fire lenses I will have the perfect pair. It might sound expensive but remember your wearing them and they hold value. Hope all this helps, and forgive any typos cause I had some edibles and I’m struggling right now.

Well if your looking for x metal, on a budget, and want that fitment grab a pair of used xx frames. Then have xman tune em and have hardaway make you lenses. I went that route last year and wore those for a solid 6 months. I still wear them , those tio2s in the pic. My only regret is not getting polarized lenses for them. I think personally once I get my hands on a pair of XX polished with polarized fire lenses I will have the perfect pair. It might sound expensive but remember your wearing them and they hold value. Hope all this helps, and forgive any typos cause I had some edibles and I’m struggling right now.

Thanks! Yeah you're right, sunglasses aren't something to go cheap on. I'll check out the XX frames. Is hardaway able to make any lens for the X-Metal frames? If so that opens a whole lot of possibilities!

15953654134061579470114172024443.jpg

Here a pic of what you're after. I also now have the song from your screen name stuck in my head.

Those are nice! Which frame is that? I'm sorry! I assume you're referring to Eye of the Tiger?
It's a Polished XX/Fire. Polished wasn't a factory option you have to polish yourself. I was showing @mrbobdobalina , he was saying that's his want pair. Juliets are too small on me, so if you're in the same boat the XX and XS are what youre looking for. The song

Last edited:
It's a Polished XX/Fire. Polished wasn't a factory option you have to polish yourself. I was showing @mrbobdobalina , he was saying that's his want pair. Juliets are too small on me, so if you're in the same boat the XX and XS are what youre looking for. The song

Thank you for linking this song, that was great jump back in time.

@Bonz-1 polished up this XX pair for me, they are quite awesome. One can’t go wrong with a polished XX frame.

0302993A-BB9F-474E-9B09-3E565311A46A.jpeg

2ED560E0-A7FE-4157-8DD3-092C278A3FBB.jpeg

76B4FD37-4E8A-462F-AD9A-7993F98F65F8.jpeg

48713FBE-548C-41FB-B763-1A69456569D5.jpeg

DFB6402D-2AC3-4A77-A303-50B4FDAE36F4.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back