• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Frame Questions

I have read somewhere here that R2 has the widest lens (64mm) among all xmetal frames.
R1 only has 60mm.

I have read somewhere here that R2 has the widest lens (64mm) among all xmetal frames.
R1 only has 60mm.
What about the frames? I'm looking for something that's similar in size to my Inmates and Fuel Cell which fit perfectly. So far I've not found anything with the frame width listed for any X-Metal. I guess I can buy an XX and try it but that's a gamble.

Last edited:
What about the frames? I'm looking for something that's similar in size to my Inmates and Fuel Cell which fit perfectly. So far I've not found anything with the frame width listed for any X-Metal. I guess I can buy an XX and try it but that's a gamble.
You probably want either an XS or Romeo...

I think Romeos look ugly with that X designed nose bridge, but the XS are delicious...

You probably want either an XS or Romeo...

I think Romeos look ugly with that X designed nose bridge, but the XS are delicious...

I'm leaning towards the XS but that could be because of availability. Once I get them I'm going to want some custom Gold Iridium and other lenses. But it's finding the right pair that's the hard part.

I would assume R2 has the widest frame of all Xmetals but only a fraction compared to the R1.
Though its the widest, R2’s lens isnt the tallest.
It’s I think of almost the same height with the Juliet.
Cant compare with either of those 2 OMatter frames coz I dont have any of those.

XX is a good start but if you can stretch your budget, go for the R1.

If fuel cells fit your face well, I would go with XS.

Back