• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Gaskets From DG_MODS - Post Your Pics Here!!

Good buddy sent me his spare Carotene Orange gaskets. Tried them on my Polished Juliet and I'm not sure if I like the look.

DSC_0001-3.jpg

DSC_0002-2.jpg

DSC_0003-2.jpg

I think maybe it's the fact that the polished frame is already too much.

I'm going to try it on the Polished Carbon next to see if that'll be better.

01.jpg

02.jpg

They definitely look better on the Polished Carbon XS. Question is, the gaskets kinda don't fit on the XS as they do on the Juliet. Are these gaskets supposed to be universal? BriP, I'd love some Carotene Orange shocks and socks for this! :D

01.jpg

02.jpg

They definitely look better on the Polished Carbon XS. Question is, the gaskets kinda don't fit on the XS as they do on the Juliet. Are these gaskets supposed to be universal? BriP, I'd love some Carotene Orange shocks and socks for this! :D

yes theyre meant to be a good fit- trick is to line up the front face.. when did your friend buy them? his latest iteration (maybe past 2months) is the better shape. earlier ones were a tiny bit small...maybe you got an older one

yes theyre meant to be a good fit- trick is to line up the front face.. when did your friend buy them? his latest iteration (maybe past 2months) is the better shape. earlier ones were a tiny bit small...maybe you got an older one
These are definitely the older ones then as he's had them for awhile, I think.

yeah those arent as good a good fit. i was the one that advised him to switch to the new larger shape. and imo theyre a great universal shape..
Is the pointy part smaller on the new ones because that's the issue I have with the ones right now. The pointy part is too long for the XS.

Is the pointy part smaller on the new ones because that's the issue I have with the ones right now. The pointy part is too long for the XS.

lean it forward. the pointy part is not meant to sit square on the lens- instead think o it as a head- the lens sits on the neck/ high shoulder if you will. the pointy bit only serves to flush wih the frame in front. and yes, only available on ebay. if goldtone isnt listed hes probably out of stock. lemme know if you want me to email him or you an just wait for it to come out..

My polished juliet w/jade and DG_Mods green gaskets credit to Brip!

dgmods.jpg

glad you found good use for it!

Back