• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal In Store. Uk

That's retail over here! Most things that are available here are $-£ rather than actually being the same value. The juliets that Oakley.co.uk had at the start of the year were over £300 too.

Yea i actually did know that's about retail. I moved from the UK, lived in Portsmouth,to the US about 9 years ago. ( 10 min away from the Vault there lol).
Still when i see UK prices it always seems more expensive than over here.Even though i know with currency and rate of living etc its more or less the same .I've been lucky,all the X-metals i've bought have all been under $150,granted none have been from a store, but i'm not complaining.

My x-metal acquisitions have been a mix of patience and "OMG must have that now". A couple of them (all Juliets btw) might have been near that $150 mark but most were dearer, some considerably so.

I paid more than $500 when the carbon/BI Juliets were (briefly) up on the Oakley website for instance - don't recall how much the US RRP was but definitely less than that.

Back before moving to the US,there would've been no chance in hell i would've been spending that much on a pair of sunglasses.If i remember correctly ,the most i ever paid was £ 145.00 lol ( had more important things i could spend my hard earned cash on).
Yea the Juliet's,they just suck you in, i only have 3 pairs so far ( 2 x Juliet's and a pair of Penny's)..I was planning on only getting one pair of Juliet's,,but you can see how that went lol.

I live near the Poole area Jben,so not far from where you were at all really. I was thinking about a drive to Portsmouth tomorrow to check out what the vault at the quays has! Have you bought more over there or when you were here?

Much more since i've been here in the states,been here for nearly 9 years.
Over here it just seems you can get more for your hard earned cash lol.
now there are 2 vaults within 90 min drive from where i live,so i'm not complaining, just sucks cause they wouldn't carry any of the older stock lol.
When i was in the UK ,to get to the Vault ,all i had to do was walk up to the ferry and go across.Used to buy more clothes back then than glasses.

They've not long reorganised the Gunwharf vault, so it's much easier to see what is in stock. Some interesting stuff there though on my last visit I did only buy a golfing umbrella.

Its still on that corner right? near the Bose store?, i remember i bought a pair of Oakley trainers there too ( still got em lol)

Yep, on the corner, though the Bose shop is a little way away - next block over and maybe halfway down.

Dave M, check out the Eyewearoutlet website, that's normally a pretty good guide to the sort of thing they have at Gunwharf. They run that Vault.

Back