• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-metal Juliets Getting Replaced By Oakley But With Titanium

joby619

Oakley Beginner
San Diego
So I sent my X-metal Juliets for a tune-up and in my notes I mentioned that the finish over the left eye was extremely bumpy. I just received a call from Oakley and they confirmed that it was a factory defect so they offered to replace them with either Titanium or Plasma. Since I just picked up a pair of plasmas yesterday, I opted for titanium and asked to have some Ruby Lenses put in.

I haven't really seen the titanium finish in person, can someone post a pic of titanium Juliet for me?

Thanks

UPDATE: So my Juliets are finally back, but are they really titanium?

ac1345ab.jpg

c6b56e8f.jpg

d21eca5b.jpg

erm, seriously they still have titanium frames? to be honest, second gen titanium is darned close to plasma anyway.. just a mildly different hue.

first gen is a different story.
here is gen 1 (front) and gen 2 (back).
ca9c080b-63cb-a921.jpg

Thanks for the pic. I've been scouring the forum looking for images and found a few. To me it looks like gen 1 has almost a two tone look with the bridge and ear stems being darker than the frame around the lenses. Judging from your pics of gen 2, the finish seems more uniform. Any chance someone can post more pics of gen2?

Thanks for the pic. I've been scouring the forum looking for images and found a few. To me it looks like gen 1 has almost a two tone look with the bridge and ear stems being darker than the frame around the lenses. Judging from your pics of gen 2, the finish seems more uniform. Any chance someone can post more pics of gen2?

no thats just the lighting. color is uniform for both. gen1 is a matte cream finish, gen2 is a satin metallic finish.
the two tone colorway is called TiO2, with xmetal bridge and arms, and plasma orbitals. not to be confused with titanium.

heres a closeup of the colors
ca9c080b-6f8e-ec6d.jpg

gen1 titanium is one of the best juliet colors imo.

also, back to my main concern- im interested to see what oakley sends you, because titanium frames are FREAKING rare for the juliet as it was discontinued a LONG time ago. im surprised oakley has some, but im thinking they mixed it up and theyre talking about xmetal.

That would be pretty strange if they were Titanium as they stopped making Juliets in that color almost ten years ago. It basically looks like plasma, but slightly darker, and maybe a little shinier. They are hard to tell apart unless you have the two side by side.

Did your x-metal Juliet have a serial #? Just curious...

I'd also like to see what Oakley actually sends you, and if it's the Titanium colorway.

Thanks for all the input guys. My x-metal Juliet's did have a serial, but I don't expect the replacements to. I will definitely post pics of them upon receipt. My x-metals were a bit beat up since they took a fall off my head and some small scuffs. I was considering sending them to get refinished so a replacement was a pleasant surprise. I'm am definitely not a collector and I wear all of my glasses so losing the serial is not a biggie for me. I hope I never "have" to sell my Juliet's :)

Yikes! Well, seeing as though you're not a collector, then losing the frame with the serial # shouldn't hurt as much. And if you never intend to sell your Juliet, then a brand new frame is a good thing...especially a brand new Titanium colorway. Please do post pics when you get them back, I'm dying to see if they might be serialed as warranty frames.

i dont recall there being any titanium frames without serial. they were discontinued while the serials were still going. i'm almost certain its goin to be an xmetal frame. xmetal
and plasma are the 2 most common juliet frames and thats what they would have in stock i believe.

So...I take it Titanium isn't X-Metal?

I'm surprised I'm not familiar with that frame finish. Damn, learn something new every day!

Latest Posts

Back