• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Lens & Rubber OEM Support

Supero100

Oakley Expert
With the recent F&F sale cleaning out my local shop of all X Metals... I'm wondering... What, if anything, has Oakley offically communicated about continued production of consumables and tune up services for Juliets et al.? Sorry if this is a repeat question. Thanks.

I have been to HQ, they are not sure either. They have been out of ear stem washers for a few months. All those X Metals sold on F&F have a 1 year warranty with limited parts to repair. Due to the cost the only fair exchange would be for a Pit Boss.

Quote starting at 3:18 "We offer a special piece of jewelry that will last your lifetime and all your children's lifetime... It will never degrade, it's incredible... It's unlike anything else." Amen. Would love to wear these for another 10 years... Will the Luxottica bosses support what makes Oakley... Oakley?

Are there any Oakley execs amongst the faithful who are willing to comment?

I raised it on Jim Jannard's thread about using replacement lenses. The guy remains a Lux shareholder but I wouldn't hold my breath on it. It's more profitable to have people buy new than make replacement parts......

Warranty wise, what I got from Oakley HQ, was if they do not have the parts, Which is most cases they don't, they will keep the Xmetal and offer you 30% off any current like items. If you choose not to do anything, they will charge you to ship your Xmetal back to you with nothing done about the issue. I think we all know what to do, SEND BACK please.

I raised it on Jim Jannard's thread about using replacement lenses. The guy remains a Lux shareholder but I wouldn't hold my breath on it. It's more profitable to have people buy new than make replacement parts......

Interesting. Where is this thread you speak of...? That kind of a response does not bode well, Infinite. Why would they care to keep 'em?

Interesting. Where is this thread you speak of...? That kind of a response does not bode well, Infinite. Why would they care to keep 'em?
Because its worth more than the lousy 25% off they will give u