• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Lenses

Razerwire

And then there was X...
Falls Church, VA
Have they stopped making replacement lenses? I thought the word was that they were going to continue making the lenses and rubber sets and just discontinue the frame production?

I called O.com today hoping to buy some OO BIP lenses for my Polished Carbon XS but they told me there aren't anymore. Not even warranty had them.

So they're discontinuing everything including lens production?

Have they stopped making replacement lenses? I thought the word was that they were going to continue making the lenses and rubber sets and just discontinue the frame production?

I called O.com today hoping to buy some OO BIP lenses for my Polished Carbon XS but they told me there aren't anymore. Not even warranty had them.

So they're discontinuing everything including lens production?

all of the x-squared lenses are available on the website. one color says that it's backordered 2 weeks, but all of the others are there. However, OO isn't listed. are you sure it was ever available for those frames?

all of the x-squared lenses are available on the website. one color says that it's backordered 2 weeks, but all of the others are there. However, OO isn't listed. are you sure it was ever available for those frames?
Yup, if you look under the polarized selection on the XS page, there was a carbon released with OO BIP. For one reason replacement lenses aren't offered but I figured warranty should still have them but they don't.

Here's the official page: http://www.oakley.com/products/6414

So on a whim, I decided to call Oakley again and this time the guy I talked to found them in their warranty cage. There was only 15 pairs left so I grabbed one.

I'd like a word with the first guy I talked to this morning. :mad: LOL

Latest Posts

Back