• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-metal Line Update.

bawitheba

Oakley Expert
Ok I just got off the phone with foot hills. My normal customer service rep just told me. There will be a new x metal line coming out in the next 3-4 months. The plant is moving to south California. She said its not at foothills. She didn't know if they would be titanium or not. She said they are keeping them in the dark as of now.

That is right guys new x metals in 3-4 months.

On a second note
THe infinate hero rubbers have a sku number now. You can place your replacement order now when they get in stock they will ship.

"She didn't know if they would be titanium or not"

current/discontinued X metal = titanium (mixed with some other minute traces of other alloys)......but......if their new "x metal" line is not titanium.......it shouldnt be called x metal =(

"She didn't know if they would be titanium or not"

current/discontinued X metal = titanium (mixed with some other minute traces of other alloys)......but......if their new "x metal" line is not titanium.......it shouldnt be called x metal =(

This is the point I've been making. Even if the current designs were to carry over (not likely and that's not what is happening from what I've read) they wouldn't be X Metal. It would be a metal type line but not X Metal which to me is at least half the glory of the line. Plus I have my doubts design wise. The X Metals always meant pushing the boundaries and Mad Science...LuxOak has shown an aversion to such. I AM hoping....but I will reserve judgment until I see the final products

It's Gooooood to hear there will be a "new X-Meal"...but how it'll turn out to be, I guess we have to wait untill the new prototype!

I think they will try something new. But "new" doesn't equal to "good", and further more "good" is not necessarily "successful/excellent".
I'm sure we all think X-Square is quite good as an X-Metal (did make some improvement on the ergonomics ). but as many members in this sight stated that "almost no one really suits the X-Squared" (which I agree, since part of its design just don't feel right...especially the orbital section in my personal opinion), it's still not as popular as JULIET. As far as I concerned, X-Metal is the flagship of oakley. It makes what OAKLEY stands for into reality. Hope they don't mess it up, just because they want "something new"...

As as X-Metal fan, I really hope they'll make something astonishing this time...something pure excellent that can make me remember the feeling when I first saw X-Metal!!!

If something is going to be released in the next 3-4 months ....someone has got to know something right? Is the plan to keep the same frame styles ( Juliet and X Squared) but use a different frame material? Or, come up with something totally different (new frame style and material)?

This is the point I've been making. Even if the current designs were to carry over (not likely and that's not what is happening from what I've read) they wouldn't be X Metal. It would be a metal type line but not X Metal which to me is at least half the glory of the line. Plus I have my doubts design wise. The X Metals always meant pushing the boundaries and Mad Science...LuxOak has shown an aversion to such. I AM hoping....but I will reserve judgment until I see the final products

+1 on this!!!

If they're not planing to use Titanium alloy for the "new X-Metal", They are F**ked up already!