• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-metal logo made from mild steel

Jakeracefox

I should Work at Oakley
Maine
I had a bit of free time at work and came up with this. It’s not finished yet it’s just a rough it out right now. I made 2 of them they are about 16 inches long and 4 inches tall. I’m going to clean up the edges on them both so they are nice and smooth. One I plan on sanding the face so it’s nice and shiny then clear coating it ! Other one I’ll probably paint black. I will post more pics as I do more work to them. Let me know what you guys think.
E1F1A24D-F93D-4346-94D0-51AE62F90C2B.jpeg

Plasma cut? Looks ****** cool!

Thanks bud, Ya it was cut with a plasma torch. Could also do the mild steel with oxy/acetylene torch. I was hoping to find some stainless plate kicking around but there wasn’t any on that job. The stainless can only be cut with a plasma. That will be my next attempt. My buddy has a projector attachment on his phone and that’s what I used to transfer the design to the plate.

I had a bit of free time at work and came up with this. It’s not finished yet it’s just a rough it out right now. I made 2 of them they are about 16 inches long and 4 inches tall. I’m going to clean up the edges on them both so they are nice and smooth. One I plan on sanding the face so it’s nice and shiny then clear coating it ! Other one I’ll probably paint black. I will post more pics as I do more work to them. Let me know what you guys think. View attachment 537217

I like the rustic look, very cool indeed!! Subscribed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the rustic look, very cool indeed!! Subscribed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!! Ya that’s just regular Steel plate that was laying around. It’s fairly new plate but could actually do all kinds of different finishes on them if I make more.doing a rust finish would be pretty easy to pull off. Not sure what I could use lock it in or anything else out when It got too the desired amount of rust. If I didn’t lock it in it would eventually get all rust scale and be nasty.

I have a pretty cool skull (like 1 1/2” thick) I’ll have to find it to post pic when I get home someday.

Must be pretty small cutter? You did a nice job, can’t wait to see finished product.

Ya it’s a portable plasma cutter it’s not very big. It’s about the size of a case of beer! Hahaha

Jake thats bad ass.

You should leave one as is!

Thanks bud, ya I may leave one as is but if I don’t clear coat it or something it will get nasty eventually. Idk it may not get too bad if it’s kept inside. I still gotta clean up the rough edges though so it doesn’t cut someone open handling it.

Latest Posts

Back