• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal "mineral ore" finish

with more time & efforts I think i can control both the texture and colors. But even so, i'm not sure if this finish is any good other than for ornamental reasons. They look stunning in person, but not sure who'll dig "stone-like" or "coral speckled" metals on their face. Geologists? Abstract art fans?

with more time & efforts I think i can control both the texture and colors. But even so, i'm not sure if this finish is any good other than for ornamental reasons. They look stunning in person, but not sure who'll dig "stone-like" or "coral speckled" metals on their face. Geologists? Abstract art fans?
@Litos?

Honestly the unassembled components would look great incorporated into a display.

hmmmmmm not a fan of it......

What if I list it on ebay and claim "SUPER RARE PROTOTYPE CASTING!!! GENUINE X-METAL MATERIAL!!"?

I mean, if people considered selling blobs of supposedly spilled X-Metal pours for display, surely these would take up less foot print and have more authenticity as a display artifact!

What if I list it on ebay and claim "SUPER RARE PROTOTYPE CASTING!!! GENUINE X-METAL MATERIAL!!"?

I mean, if people considered selling blobs of supposedly spilled X-Metal pours for display, surely these would take up less foot print and have more authenticity as a display artifact!
that would fetch 1k lol.

Those look pretty cool. Definitely unique. Not sure how they would look put back together as a set of frames, but definitely eye catching for a display.