• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Mods - Coloured Gaskets!

My friend DG_mods is back from a hiatus. he has heard your concerns about his earsocks and has ceased production, and investigating a better production method. for now, he is producing these unique bits.. colored orbital gaskets! ebay item # 250979647557

he has a huge range of colors to suit your needs.. and i have ordered a few myself already. go check it out, i feel its a great custom touch to that special daily pair you have. plus, factory ones get squashed and crack over time.. these are a higher quality rubber and lasts longer.

just my 0.02. not for you purists who want everything factory standard. for those that want to complete the Full colored rubber kit, this is not to be missed. cheers =)

Thanks for pointing this out BriP! Just ordered some white ones for my upcoming custom X-Metal I'm working on. Much appreciated!

[Edit] Do you know if he makes the nose bombs as well?

The glow-in-the-dark blue sounds VERY tempting! Only blue lens I have tho are in my 1st gen. Ichiro's. Don't wanna tinker with those babies!

By the way, what is your favourite lens colour for Juliet's?

The glow-in-the-dark blue sounds VERY tempting! Only blue lens I have tho are in my 1st gen. Ichiro's. Don't wanna tinker with those babies!

By the way, what is your favourite lens colour for Juliet's?

oh dude, the glow blue rubbers would be killer in the ichiros! just be real gentle when you are undoing the screws and handling the lens! do it, i got a set myself back when he still did earsocks too.. they're not too expensive for the quality and color options!

personally, i have 1 black irid, 2 ruby irid, 1 fire IPol., and 1 ice Ipol. I have not yet tried on the ice pol., but i suspect it will be my favourite soon. its also quite a rare discontinued lens so i probably wont use them often. I wear the ruby daily, as the blue tint makes everythingl brighter and clearer, makes me happy. i also like gold iridium (have it on 4 other frames), as they make everything look sepia-tone, really chilled out, and it also boosts green (vegetation etc) which is nice. fire has that bronze base but isnt quite like the gold iridium.. it takes some gettign used to. but its a nice lens also.

I was wondering about those colored gaskets. I saw them before on eBay, but didn't jump on it back then. Just saw them back on again last night, sooooo tempting. Now that I know someone here knows the seller, I may be more inclined to grab 1 or 2 or 3, LOL! Thanks BriP!

FYI guys, DG_mods (Dan) has been really fantastic to deal with. real honest guy. He trials his products till hes satisfied with them before release. for example, he used to offer earsocks and nosebombs etc, and those were all HAND MADE. as in really hand made, like pouring the medium layer by layer over a stem to make an earsock. and same thing for a nosebomb. but some people didnt like that, and wanted a more 'machine finished' look, closer to stock, so he ceased production of those for now. I was lucky enough to buy a full glow set for my penny before he stopped producing them.

I highly recommend DG_mods. really helpful seller, and really puts in the effort to get you what you want.

PS we are collaborating on some custom rubber pieces.. i will post photos once we have developed it fully =)

Back