• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Mods - Coloured Gaskets!

Received my set of gaskets in the mail today and got the free orange set too! Was very nice to get something for nothing and my initial thought was "They would look awesome on my Plasma/Fire Juliet's"

I am more than happy with the gaskets! Two things you will notice straight away with these is they are indeed a slight different shape to the original Oakley gaskets and that they are a lot thicker! The shape difference is no problem whatsoever and the extra thickness makes for a much more visually appealing aspect. These things really stand out!

DG Mods is very professional throughout the entire process. Price is fair, packaging is great and postage was quite quick! He also sends a detailed note on how to properly install the gaskets for those who may not know! (he even adds a toothpick for adjusting the gasket before tightening the screws for the best position)

All in all, I would recommend DG Mods to anyone who may need his service. You will be happy with what he is doing! After all, he is doing it so we as Oakley lovers/collectors can give our prized possessions that personal touch!

2 thumbs up from ME!!

Below is a custom pair I'm working on: Carbon Juliet's w/white gaskets, ear socks and t-shox. Just sent them away with my optometrist to have some custom cut clear prescription lenses put in!

66daf606.jpg

Received my set of gaskets in the mail today and got the free orange set too! Was very nice to get something for nothing and my initial thought was "They would look awesome on my Plasma/Fire Juliet's"

I am more than happy with the gaskets! Two things you will notice straight away with these is they are indeed a slight different shape to the original Oakley gaskets and that they are a lot thicker! The shape difference is no problem whatsoever and the extra thickness makes for a much more visually appealing aspect. These things really stand out!

DG Mods is very professional throughout the entire process. Price is fair, packaging is great and postage was quite quick! He also sends a detailed note on how to properly install the gaskets for those who may not know! (he even adds a toothpick for adjusting the gasket before tightening the screws for the best position)

All in all, I would recommend DG Mods to anyone who may need his service. You will be happy with what he is doing! After all, he is doing it so we as Oakley lovers/collectors can give our prized possessions that personal touch!

2 thumbs up from ME!!

Below is a custom pair I'm working on: Carbon Juliet's w/white gaskets, ear socks and t-shox. Just sent them away with my optometrist to have some custom cut clear prescription lenses put in!

66daf606.jpg
nice rig! glad you're happy with it!

BriP your man is awesome!

@Mickle, looks sick with the white rubber kit and new white gaskets!! How did you have Oakley etch that Oakley O onto the lens like that? i love that.

@Mickle, looks sick with the white rubber kit and new white gaskets!! How did you have Oakley etch that Oakley O onto the lens like that? i love that.

Those lenses were already in them when I bought them from mottles here on the forum. I believe they were his Oakley RX prescription lenses so I'm assuming all the RX lenses come like that. It does like nice huh?

What I would REALLY love is to have the nose bridge removed and powder coated white!! Anyone know how I can have that done!?!?
personally wouldnt.. i dont want to mess with those rivets. could mess everything up.having said that, i think they're SICK as it is, and if the nosebridge was white it'll be abit too 'busy'. congrats again!

DG mods is one hell of a guy for making these things available to us. and soon, (you're hearing it here first..) rubber pieces to fill the jet intake icons! if youre thinking where the inspiration came from.. watch MI2 very closely again. the ROMEOs have their jet intake icons filled with a red piece.. which we have replicated, and will be available soon! finally, something to complete your ROMEO1's, and further accessorise your Xmetals! there will be 2 types made - one for hammerstems (as the icon hole is smaller), and one for the straight stem (ala juliet, mars etc)

Back