• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Nose Bridge Life Expectancy....

Orion

I hit things with sticks....
I'm beginning my quest to get my first pair of x-metals which will most likely be Juliet's (not the one's for women - ;)).

I'm curious to know how much use they will take before I have to get the nose bridge serviced.

I'm not planning on being a "shelf whore" with these and will probably wear them at 2-3 times a week for several hours per day, if not for the entire day.

I realize that noggin size, how many times I take them on/off, and general care will factor into the equation.

I'm just looking for some guidelines.

I tried searching the forum on this subject but really didn't find any useful threads

Depends on how you flex them.

Best bet is send them to @THE X-MAN for a tuneup and he will have them fixed for you well enough that you shouldn't have to worry about it anymore.

I don't believe hearing of anyone ever sending them to him for a second tuneup once they sent them to him for the first. Kinda bad business for him but good for the customer. ;)

Just wear em,dont be all freaked out about it.dont leave em in your car on a hot day and wash them in cool water every now and then.

Thank you all for responding It sounds like X-man has some better techniques for tuning the nose bridge than Oakley does (it seems as if his work lasts that much longer). From what I've read it seems like others were getting their pair serviced every 1-2 years. Then again they could have been not caring for them well.

Rest assured these will be worn, but cared for.

More things to think about as I continue my search for my first pair.

I got about 8 years of daily wear out of my juliets before they needed a tune up. Had them redone a few years ago at hq and still good.

Last edited:
Back