• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Nosebridge Rivet Removal Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I support local empowerment and self-sufficiency, being a handy guy myself, and I support entrepreneurship in general - good luck to you. But I'm also a supporter of x-man's entrepreneurship specifically - do you have all the aforementioned bases covered? There's room for more than one person to do tune-ups on this forum and it provides redundancy and competitoin, but Mark's a great guy who has stepped up to provide a valuable service; I'd hate for something to hurt his side-business...

The X-Man is indeed a good guy; he does more than push rivets in/out. His tune ups have been honed and are a great service.

When he started his service, one could have made the argument that taking service business away from Oakley would harm the economics of Oakley continuing to offer tune up service... But I was really glad to have another provider in the community.

Similarly, not everyone is a DIY-type... Some folks would rather pay an expert, who has done hundreds of tune ups, to work on their expensive, difficult to replace, x-metals. I get that!

For the DIY'ers think it'd be great to develop an alternative nose-flex rubber source... And an alternate rivet source too.

Not to make this thread digress. I think the introduction of this tool is good if not inevitable.

I'll ship to Greece, but you'd pay exact shipping cost...I can't even imagine what canadapost would charge me considering it costs $35 to send sunglasses 3 business days within my own country.
Great news. I guess that if you put it in a padded envelope, registered air mail should be cheaper.

There are very few things that would piss me off more than not being able to wear these glasses 10 years down the road just because the rubber in the nosebridge is worn out.
Amen! To have 150+ useless pairs of xmetals would do WAY more than just piss me off.

It will break down over time whether you wear them or not.
I've bought several pair (esp Pennies) that were very little used closet queens yet when I went to flex them the couplers were non-existent. They will break down as much a factor of time as usage- that is inevitable.
Setting your x metals on a shelf under a heat lamp will not preserve the flex couplers. :(

I've bought several pair (esp Pennies) that were very little used closet queens yet when I went to flex them the couplers were non-existent. They will break down as much a factor of time as usage- that is inevitable.
Setting your x metals on a shelf under a heat lamp will not preserve the flex couplers. :(
so in leaving most of my pair in boxes/cases instead of a display cabinet with a lamp.. i have saved them? WIN! switch to LED LIGHTS bro ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back