• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Nosebridge Rivet Removal Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like the idea of doing my own rivets - next week i may get myself a tattoo gun!!

If anybody's interested in a slightly used rivet monkey, I can make you a deal...

If you aren't going to use that latex or PVC hanging in your coed closet any time soon, then hit me up! ( not literally I have that covered already!!!)

Last edited:
If you aren't going to use that latex or PVC hanging in your coed closet any time soon, then hit me up! ( not literally I have that covered already!!!)

Sorry for the delayed reply - once she finally got around to uncuffing me I had to feed the monkey...

OK, but I've got to warn you, when he's not "producing" rivets he ma$trubate$ constantly... the non-stop "eek-eek-eek-eek-eek-eek-EEEK" get a little old after a while...

And you do NOT want to know what happened the time I took him for a walk and he caught a frog...

So modifying a pipe cutter is an interesting concept. I use a (vampire approved) staking tool. I know it's old technology, but these X-metals have many automotive inspired designs engineered into the glasses. They are cast exactly like an engine block.
About the rivets, are they not studs? Silly of me to think that, with the way water pump pulleys and tires are mounted. I don't mean to sound rude, I just have a dry sense of humor.

So modifying a pipe cutter is an interesting concept. I use a (vampire approved) staking tool. I know it's old technology, but these X-metals have many automotive inspired designs engineered into the glasses. They are cast exactly like an engine block.
About the rivets, are they not studs? Silly of me to think that, with the way water pump pulleys and tires are mounted. I don't mean to sound rude, I just have a dry sense of humor.
The "rivets" are in fact studs or pins. They use similar pins in knife and gun making...but everyone here calls them rivets.

As I'm a little worried about placing hundreds of dollars worth of Frames into a box and sending them through the military postal service from Italy and then worry about the return trip even more (They are notoriously bad at losing packages it seems). I'm almost inclined to possibly scratch my frames and try this myself. If I were stateside, I'd send it to X-Man myself in a heartbeat, but this seems like something I could get behind.

I've never opened any of them up.. is it a stupid difficult process to get the flex couplers lined up? And are the flex couplers on ebay (Pricey ones) good enough?

Also, just to clarify from you experts, you can reuse the pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back