• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Number 2

QLR1

The Big Shield King
TX
Let's go down memory lane to 2014:

I tried on X-metal for the first time:
What Oakleys Are You Wearing Today??

They were mostly aight. I HATED the X-Squared. Others were cool with the R1 being the best one.

Then about 16 months later, the surprise happened.
Royal Lion Museum Sunglass Convention I: Eyeshade ........ AKA A Oakley Meetup lol May 7

I would have been happy to never get another X-Metal; I had given up. Between timing and cash, I missed the boat.

Earlier this year, I tried on @Dallas O Hog's copper X-Squared (and made it my profile pic, it's too cool)...and I actually liked it. Oh, no! The irrational hatred was fading fast. I wore the frame all day, and I was sorely tempted to run off with it (HAHA, just kidding, not that I could anyway). I had people asking me whether I got this X-Metal. It was funny posing in other people's gear.

20170903_130816[1].jpg

Then, recently, a chance to get one of my own popped up recently. It was just as well, because I didn't see anything I really, really wanted. I decided to dump my F&F coupon and sleep on my AMEX offer and got this thing (Polished Carbon w/ Ice iridium):

20171216_161457[1].jpg

20171216_115717[1].jpg

I was blown away by the compliments I received on the copper XS and it was those reactions that made my heart melt when it comes to this frame. So far, it's cool. Trying to get used to it, but I'm getting there.

Thank you @Dallas O Hog ... or should I say damn you?

Nobody's immune to the addiction. :p Congrats!

I know what you mean about the XS... I didn't care for them when I first saw them, then I saw more and more people posting them on WOAYWT and they kinda grew on me, and I decided to buy a pair off of the exchange. Now I consider them among my top 3 favorite frames, maybe even my favorite.

Nobody's immune to the addiction. Congrats!

I know what you mean about the XS... I didn't care for them when I first saw them, then I saw more and more people posting them on WOAYWT and they kinda grew on me, and I decided to buy a pair off of the exchange. Now I consider them among my top 3 favorite frames, maybe even my favorite.
They aren't my top favorite, but it kicks ass compared to what's out now.

Looks great on you. Congrats!
Thanks!

They are frozen ATM, hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thaw them out. Do I need to get a blowtorch?

Sent from Q's S8+

Latest Posts

Back