• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X metal Penny Ruby Lenses - loose nose bridge. UK based

Murpharoo

Oakley Beginner
Hi Guys - google sent me here.... You look like a friendly bunch :)

I am the proud owner of a low serial number pair of X Metal Penny's with Ruby lenses from new. They have been worn and loved lots ! I sent them back to Oakley Europe some years ago for the flex couplers to be replaced. It took Oakley 2 tries to get an acceptable cosmetic result :(

Now they are loose again and Oakley say they don't "repair" this model any more. They offered me £340 trade in credit however :eek:

I LOVE these sunglasses and don't want to trade them in.

It looks like Xman is the man to help me. I'm brand new to the forum however and can't send PM's :confused:

hi and welcome to the forum.
you are correct in saying that we are (usually) a friendly bunch!

where about in the uk are you? i am in somerset....

you would be wise to decline oakleys' offer of a credit against your glasses. the x-man would be your best bet as the penny is a particularly difficult frame to retune on a diy basis.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I am the proud owner of a low serial number pair of X Metal Penny's with Ruby lenses from new. They have been worn and loved lots ! I sent them back to Oakley Europe some years ago for the flex couplers to be replaced. It took Oakley 2 tries to get an acceptable cosmetic result :(

Now they are loose again and Oakley say they don't "repair" this model any more. They offered me £340 trade in credit however :eek:

It looks like Xman is the man to help me. I'm brand new to the forum however and can't send PM's :confused:
Welcome to the forum

We don't want you here. Now go home! :p

You don't need to be able to send him a PM to use his service. Email works way better for him anyway I think. Go to his website and send him an email. Avoid returning to Oakley at all costs (my personal opinion) and their credit offer is garbage. You have one of the best pairs of sunglasses (x metal line) ever produced. Xman can tune them and I'm going to bet they will never need to be tuned again. His tune ups are guaranteed. Welcome to the forum!

Greetings and salutations. Are you from England?

I am glad Oakley Europe has stopped servicing X-Metals, I have a had numerous issues with them over the last couple of years, similar to you, sending them backwards and forwards after they couldn't do the repin service to a reasonable standard/stripping out screws etc.

Latest Posts

Back