• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-metal Prescription Questions

Overkill

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Denver, CO
Hello!

I am considering putting some clear rx lenses in either a pair of hammerstem Juliets or XS’s. I’ve been doing my research and wanted to check what I’ve learned with you all and ask a few more questions.

I’ve been getting conflicting info about if Oakley will make lenses for these x-metals. The Oakley store said no, they will only make lenses for current models. So I called Oakley.com. They said it’s up to the dealer. If the dealer sends in the frames they will make the lenses. So I called LensCrafters. They looked through their system and said that x-metals aren’t an option in the system. So theoretically if someone will send them to Oakley they will cut them?

I had a pair of Juliet’s back in the day and loved them. To be honest I never even noticed if the nose ever got loose. But apparently that’s a thing so I thought I’d consider the XS since it seems to have addressed the issue and plus the frames look so cool! Does the XS still need occasional service and tightening?

I’ve been calling the local Zeiss and Nikon lens dealers. Most are quoting around $300 for lenses. Notably, one shop said that they remembered trying to cut lenses for the XS and said that they decided never to do it again. Something about a special bevel or slot or something. They said no problem with the Juliet’s though. However I notice that Revant and Fuse will cut lenses for the XS.

So here are my questions. Does anyone have info on if Oakley will still cut rx lenses for x metals? And if no, do you recommend going with Fuse vs Revant vs getting some Nikons specially cut? Or should I skip the XS entirely for RX because of how hard it is to cut for them? My prescription is not that strong. I don’t wear prescription sunglasses al6hough it’s getting to the point where it’s a little annoying without rx.

Does anyone have pic of people wearing Juliet’s or XS’s with no lenses or clear lenses?

Thank you!

These are Fuse in an XS with progressive lenses.
IMG_2661.JPG

I have Oakley RX in some flak frames. I think the Oakley lenses are better. But honestly it's so close and i can't tell a difference.

If I could get the Oakley lens in a Juliet or X squared I would pay the extra money for it. Since Oakley doesn't make them anymore, I believe fuse is the best option

A6E8B7A3-E93E-4903-BB95-E20324CB05DD.jpeg
1117B6EC-339C-4745-8140-6545A53A1E25.jpeg
I think @qtobolo has some clear Rx lenses in either an XS or Juliet. Maybe both.

Thanks for the tag!

Lady Juliet

XS

R1

They are all trasition glasses and become so dark you can hardly see through them. Good enough to drive in the sun, love to try Fuse but I woulnt trade them since they are in awesome shape

04CEE2B7-07E8-4D06-B4F1-AC8D0BBA755B.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back