• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-metal Prescription Questions

I have only tried revant and fuse. Revant couldn't do progressives and Fuse can. I have not tried IKON.

I agree the grey base isn't the best choice, but for me it was grey base or no x-metals, so it's an easy choice. If you don't need progressive then Revant may be a better option if they have different base tints.

For me the turn around time and customer service from Zach is what sold me on the Fuse lense.

I’m leaning towards fuse. Ikon doesn’t make ex right?

Just received some bronze mirror windows from Fuse. They are RX and replaced the Gold Irridium in my Juliets. They ceratinly aren't Oakley and they are a bit lighter in color, but overall very happy, they look really nice. I tried to take pictures but it just shows the shade difference and thats about it. Doesn't really do the new lens justice, plus my photo skills blow. Again, hit Zach up, he will do you right.

Thanks! I’ve been in contact with both fuse and Revant who say that their base curve is 8 for rx and their photochromatic goes completely clear indoors. I don’t know anything about base curve except that it’s a thing that smarter people than me care about are your glasses photochromatic?
They are not, I have regular Oakley Carbon Plates for that, they are my everyday work, reading glasses. Sort of a pain always switching out, photochromic does nothing for driving, your windshield knocks thos rays down so its still like driving with clear lenses, and helps zero for sunshine, so I pop my Julie's on!

I've been doing a bit more research re. prescription lenses for my Juliets with some success. Being in Europe, using companies like Fuse or Revant is not quite so easy, with heavy import duties etc to contend with, but all is not lost. I've recently got quotations in the $300 -$350 range for single vision distance lenses from my optician using Zeiss or Hoya lenses. Both do 8 base curve lenses in a range of colours, including mirror finish, which are very similar to Oakley tints. Both are well respected international companies in the optical industry and I'm very tempted to give it a go. I've sent a Juliet frame to my opticians lab. and they are confident that they can glaze it with no problem. I'll keep you posted should I| decide to proceed.

Finally got them back... I’m pretty impressed

C27919D1-6DD4-49F1-A582-91649B74D28E.jpeg

B936FAC2-A365-4202-B2F7-86DB919DA3DC.jpeg

Back