• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘X-Metal Pricing - Relative Values (cacatman)

Some of these threads amuse me. :DThen some of these threads are simply being mean, to person that took the time to try and help out newbies. :rolleyes: @cacatman thank you for trying to help people that like or love Xmetals. With this they have better Idea of Xmetals value or at the very least a baseline to start from. :)

Last edited:
Just trying to help, but as a once new guy I always wondered about the whole serial number thing...

Others can feel free to correct me, but I am of the understanding that serial number has little to no effect on price, unless it is super low. After, say, the first 300 or so, which demand premiums for being early in the run, it is more the fact that they are serialized that bumps the price up (but not all that much). Also, sometimes a specific number may have sentimental value to a collector, and they will be willing to pay more to get a specific serial.

Dingo said the mars jordan with matched box is now only worth 700 hahahahahah

I've heard that the glasses themselves are actually worthless. It's the box and coin that's worth $700
:biggrin:

Others can feel free to correct me, but I am of the understanding that serial number has little to no effect on price, unless it is super low. After, say, the first 300 or so, which demand premiums for being early in the run, it is more the fact that they are serialized that bumps the price up (but not all that much). Also, sometimes a specific number may have sentimental value to a collector, and they will be willing to pay more to get a specific serial.

I've heard that the glasses themselves are actually worthless. It's the box and coin that's worth $700
The serial number 'is' relevant and can indeed affect the price of a set and more importantly to a collector. It not only denotes the frames original colour combination/identity and position in the production order - generation, it also provides authenticity and makes the frame unique in itself. Generations to a collector have significance where certain models have evolved over the production years. To a non collector it will not technically have any importance but in my experience i have found buyers do prefer it when the frame is serialised.
The packaging issue is like any other item, whether it be a 25 year old Tonka kids toy etc. With its original box it is worth more and where a collector is concerned this completes the piece so is a far more attractive purchase.

Last edited:

I've often felt the term low serial number is very broad. No one remembers the 43,351st person on the moon.

I've often felt the term low serial number is very broad. No one remembers the 43,351st person on the moon.
For all the mathy people, it would probably resemble an exponential decay curve like 1/x. My scale is probably off, but y'all get the point

Screenshot_20170220-075826.png

Screenshot_20170220-075708.png

Every technology ever developed, regardless of its original purpose, has been fully leveraged for its weapons potential.

I believe the objections to the concept of this guide are less around how useful it is but more around how it can be misused.

Besides, didn't someone say recently that values are really just mutually agreed upon delusions? I swear I read that somewhere...

Back