• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Process

"We've driven over it with a tank"

I would PAY to see that. LOL

Is it just me or is Peter Yee an Asian Rob Lowe?

Finally, what's the green stuff on the frame? Is that the ceramic core?

Watching that video makes me feel bad for not paying MSRP for my Penny. LOL

The video also made me realize the reality that they will never ever bring back discontinued frames. :(

I've seen that before. Its a rare look inside...just a taste of what being involved in basically a high tech sunglasses "skunk works" is like. And I agree with Razerwire...the tooling and cost etc....if they discontinued it, its NOT coming back. Although that just makes me feel better about the 5 discontinued models I do have...they're all the more special.

I've seen that before. Its a rare look inside...just a taste of what being involved in basically a high tech sunglasses "skunk works" is like. And I agree with Razerwire...the tooling and cost etc....if they discontinued it, its NOT coming back. Although that just makes me feel better about the 5 discontinued models I do have...they're all the more special.
hell yeah, which is why i reckon X-metals are really investments.. haha or i keep telling myself anyways

hell yeah, which is why i reckon X-metals are really investments.. haha or i keep telling myself anyways

No...they are. Its funny...I collect watches to a certain extent as well (not Oakley watches however) and despite owning a number of rare and discontinued models, they still lose value unless you get a SUPER deal. But there is such a cult following of the X Metal line in particular that certain models will always fetch more than what most of us paid (XX 24k, TIO2, Ichiros, Romeo 1...Romeo 2 to a certain extent, other rare variants).

Not going to lie, this makes me appreciate the X Metal series a LOT more haha. I might just get me some Juliet's.

Latest Posts

Back