• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-metal Question

James Stewart

Oakley Beginner
I have an old pair of X-metals and I am not sure what model they are. The numbers on the arm are X024076. I bought them sometime around 2000. Can anyone please help me with identifying the model?

Thanks. I replaced the lenses with blue polarized several years ago, but have not worn them in a while. The bridge is very loose. I paid $150 for them using my employee discount at the time. Had I of known how special they were going to be, then I would of bought several more. Any idea on what these are worth if they were repaired? I see that there are a lot of threads with good things to say about the X-man. I am thinking about sending them to him to repair. Would it take away from the value if I had them done over differently from the factory colors?

X man is the man when it comes to re-finishing and tighting the X metals.
The fact these are 1st gen with the "X" serial Id keep them in the xmetal finish, but if you're not woried about reselling them do them in any color you like.
Do you happen to still have the Ruby lenses? Those lenses in good shape are worth a good amount all alone.

I hear you on that one.
I have the same pair, but I kept my lenses even though they were bad.
I just put them back in and had them signed.
IMG_0217_zps39df856a.jpg

Back