• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Repair By Mark2112

just to refinish 30.00,and i guarentee if you dont like the finish you pay nothing.you gotta be honest though.ill try to post some decent pics of my juliets finish and you decide if its exactly what you want.

yeah if you could post some pics that would be great, very likely to call on this service in the near future! :)

i'm interested in pics as well as i have an x-metal frame that has a lot of scratches and needs to be refinished.

yea polishing titanium is a real bitch,i made my own wedding ring from Ti barstock and the work that went into a mirror finish was tiresome.

Ok, here's some pics. Sorry it took so long, flying around the world takes a while. :wink:

After replacing the lenses and rubber, here's what they look like now:

7860074432_f810cecee1.jpg
IMG_0287 by jcesl2, on Flickr

7860073188_c08ac48322.jpg
IMG_0286 by jcesl2, on Flickr

Here's a comparison with the x-metal finish of a Romeo 1. The XX that mark refinished is on the left.

7859969252_5b6f303160.jpg
IMG_0294 by jcesl2, on Flickr

these are my juliets that i media blasted with an aluminum oxide,these originally were polished.if they get dinged or scratched i just do it again.everybody that sees them just loves the color. i cannot tell the difference between this finish and some of the other juliets at my local vault.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like good quality work, but the finish is still quite a bit lighter than X-metal. I though the darker finish on jcesl2's pair was closer.

I know one of the girls that works in sports marketing and had her find out for me what they use. It's applied with a vibratory tumbler, so they are not even really media blasted, but they use mixed shape high density ceramic media.

Latest Posts

Back