• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-metal Romeo 2.0 Lenses Opinions

jmaxime89

Oakley Expert
Montréal, Qc
Hi guys ! I just bought a pair of romeo 2.0 from a member here and unfortunately they arrived with the lenses completely thrashed. I have no choice but to change them. I want to have your opinions on which lenses will look good on a X-metal frame or if I should go with the traditionnal black iridium.

The lenses will be those of @qtrain23 's contact

Oh also if you happen to have romeo 2 rubbers I'm a buyer, they came with ducati rubbers.

Thanks everyone !

I always go black iridium for x metal frame but this is just me. Since you mentioned ducati rubbers, i would count ice lens out

Yeah I'm thinking the black iridium route. I also considered the deep red look from xmen but instead I'm just gonna buy a xmetal juliet and throw those in them

Hi guys ! I just bought a pair of romeo 2.0 from a member here and unfortunately they arrived with the lenses completely thrashed. I have no choice but to change them. I want to have your opinions on which lenses will look good on a X-metal frame or if I should go with the traditionnal black iridium.

The lenses will be those of @qtrain23 's contact

Oh also if you happen to have romeo 2 rubbers I'm a buyer, they came with ducati rubbers.

Thanks everyone !
I am on the same boat as you! I purchased a polished romeo 2 off eBay but completely forgot about the scarcity of the lenses. The titanium lenses came completely scratched... I will be sending them to the X-Man to get them tightened but I still need to find a pair of lenses and rubbers. Are any of the aftermarket lenses good for limited use here and there?

Well In very HONEST opinion... Id definitely would go for the classic X-Metal/ Ruby look. I got custom cut rubys from @salj838 and they turned out perfect! I really like them, but its all about your taste bro.
DSC05172_zps2l9ws29s.jpg

DSC05167_zpslb8vz1ul.jpg

DSC05168_zpsimc6kyj8.jpg

Salj did an excellent job on those.

If it's X-Metal, really you have the luxury of using pretty much any lense tint with it coming out on top. If you want the sleeper look, Black on Black. I myself pretty contrast. On my X-Metal frames I use Violet, Ruby, Ice, Emerald as my go to picks for lens transmission and neutral base (except ViP).

Back