• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying X Metal Rubbers

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
To be honest, I have been able to recreate earsocks in a few different colors with a different process as for clear, I cant do that. But I do see what your trying to do....
I meant to say i was not mad. I just took my slice of humble pie and ate it, thats all. That was a pretty good joke BTW.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
You know, that could work - there was a thread a few months ago from some custom flashlight enthusiast who wanted to embed tritium in some x-metals, same question came up...
Cant wear oakleys in poker tables,lenses are too shiny. People can see my cards from looking at my glasses.

But the glow in the dark rubbers was a joke.

Username Hidden said:
I meant to say i was not mad. I just took my slice of humble pie and ate it, thats all. That was a pretty good joke BTW.

I have a fridge full of humble pie! I have choked down many slices! It's all in good fun, trust me where harmless....Just don't dress me in latex or leather and feed me after midnight, then maybe I can't be held responsible........

Username Hidden said:
But the glow in the dark rubbers was a joke.

I know...:D

But i can possibly feed you a couple lenses that needs cutting?

Username Hidden said:
Cant wear oakleys in poker tables,lenses are too shiny. People can see my cards from looking at my glasses.

Good point - I could sell you an old set I've got that are so trashed that nobody would be able to see your cards... nor would you...

Username Hidden said:
Just don't dress me in latex or leather

Ah, memories...

Username Hidden said:
I have been able to recreate earsocks in a few different colors with a different process as for clear, I cant do that.

Seriously, I was PM'ing with ptownphil about this earlier, suggested he contact linegear about a custom batch though the chances were slim. He already had and was told no. But isn't silicone clear naturally and, in theory, this would be possible with the right kind of setup? I don't know, what you do think?

Username Hidden said:
I have a fridge full of humble pie! I have choked down many slices! It's all in good fun, trust me where harmless....Just don't dress me in latex or leather and feed me after midnight, then maybe I can't be held responsible........
Awkward pause moment lol