• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Serial Number

A couple of my pair of Juliets don't appear to have a serial number. This a certain year or generation that didn't have a serial number? One is polished gold lenses, one is x-metal plasma with red lenses and red ear socks?
Fourth gen models didn’t come with a serial - they have nothing at all on the left ear stem (outside of a couple of limited editions).

There weren’t any plasma models with red ear socks so those socks are potentially aftermarket. That or from the Oakley Custom Programme.

So I saw a serial number on a pair of X-Metal finished Pennies -- PV014170. However, according to the list, PV means Titanium, Black VR28. Does this mean the Penny had a custom job done?

1598017693706.png

My apologies if this is a beaten horse, but is there a way of correlating a serial number with a year? I'm curious of the age on my X-metals.

Thanks in advance!

It’ll give you a rough estimate.

Permit to post admin, can someone tell me please if this XX Tio2 legit or counterfeit based from the SN marked. thanks

xx1.jpg

xx2.jpg

xx3.jpg

So I saw a serial number on a pair of X-Metal finished Pennies -- PV014170. However, according to the list, PV means Titanium, Black VR28. Does this mean the Penny had a custom job done?

View attachment 779247I would say that is an original Titanium finish and not X Metal. The ti finish did vary slightly on the Penny but was darker than plasma (non penny) but not as dark as X Metal and very different to the titanium finish on other models. The closest I found to this colour was the second generation Romeo 1 and I personally like it due to its more industrial appearance.

Back