• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Serial Number

Apologies for noob question--but why are lower serials on an X metal Romeo more sought after?
The older the frame the more chance of damage and dints or scratches---no?

Apologies for noob question--but why are lower serials on an X metal Romeo more sought after?

Well there’s two versions of the X-metal Romeos, the 1st gen was with a 4 digit serial, also known as the MJ (Micheal Jorden) Romeo, which are more sought after due to only having 4 digest and being related MJ

Just because it has low serial doesn’t mean it’s scratched or beat up, even if it is, it can be refinished due to it being metal, lower serials don’t mean much to me, but some people prefer them

A good example is the first 50 or so made
With the 4 digits, don’t quote me on that, I don’t remember the exact amount, we’re given out in a special aluminum X metal vault, which makes them more desirable, but it will cost you a kidney to get one lol

There are also some differences in the frame and lenses as well. Reference here :

Guessing the Juliet I got that is J and 6 digits (no other letters than J, J098###) must have originally had either Ruby or Black and not the Fire Iridium I got with it.
Yep, black:

Latest Posts

Back