• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Serial Number

I have a pair Juliet’s that are serialized X009144. The o-review mentions “first 5,000 = movie release”. I’m assuming it’s referring to x-men. The list on this thread mentions “text run”. Two questions I’m hoping someone knows:

1) how do these releases equate to the gen 1 releases such as J###### 1st gen release.— i.e which one came first. I’m believe they are still considered first gen since there is no A or B and the “test run” implies they were first versions.

2) are the movie realease editions special in anyway and what are the ones after 5,000 such as this one. Is there any value difference between fist gen and ones with a serial of X######

Thanks in advance.

I have a pair Juliet’s that are serialized X009144. The o-review mentions “first 5,000 = movie release”. I’m assuming it’s referring to x-men. The list on this thread mentions “text run”. Two questions I’m hoping someone knows:

1) how do these releases equate to the gen 1 releases such as J###### 1st gen release.— i.e which one came first. I’m believe they are still considered first gen since there is no A or B and the “test run” implies they were first versions.

2) are the movie realease editions special in anyway and what are the ones after 5,000 such as this one. Is there any value difference between fist gen and ones with a serial of X######

Thanks in advance.
The J serial came first. The X serial came a few models later.

The X serial was pitched as the X Men pair. The way I understand it, 5000 were initially made and were a lot more popular than anticipated so they continued along with it.

As for value, that’s always gonna depend on the buyer and the condition. I have X001849 that I bought brand new in April of 2000. You couldn’t pay me enough to let it go, I’ve had it too long. I also have X000295. That one still has the matching serial box but I haven’t had it as long. There will be some people that value that 3 digit serial more than the 4 digit and some that don’t care. Then some people would only value a certain serial. Like for me X000420 I would pay big money for. Maybe your birthday is March 11, 1977. You may pay more for X031177 but that serial is high as **** so a lot of people wouldn’t care. It’s all relative you see.

I hope that helps.

The J serial came first. The X serial came a few models later.

The X serial was pitched as the X Men pair. The way I understand it, 5000 were initially made and were a lot more popular than anticipated so they continued along with it.

As for value, that’s always gonna depend on the buyer and the condition. I have X001849 that I bought brand new in April of 2000. You couldn’t pay me enough to let it go, I’ve had it too long. I also have X000295. That one still has the matching serial box but I haven’t had it as long. There will be some people that value that 3 digit serial more than the 4 digit and some that don’t care. Then some people would only value a certain serial. Like for me X000420 I would pay big money for. Maybe your birthday is March 11, 1977. You may pay more for X031177 but that serial is high as **** so a lot of people wouldn’t care. It’s all relative you see.

I hope that helps.
Thanks that’s very helpful! One more question is the x-men release considered part of the 1st gen or is it consider 2nd gen or just diferent on its own?

I have a pair of what I believe are XX models X Metal Ser # XT052883B
Not sure what gen they are but I got them in 1999 or 2000 from the Oakley employee store.
One of my questions is about replacements for rubber parts, nose, ear-stems , and the temple bumpers. I don't know the proper name.
Thank You!

Not sure what gen they are but I got them in 1999 or 2000 from the Oakley employee store.
One of my questions is about replacements for rubber parts, nose, ear-stems , and the temple bumpers. I don't know the proper name.
Thank You!
TiO2 XX is what you have.

You want ear socks, nose bombs, and t shox. Not impossible to find but won’t be super cheap either.

Thank You!
these are the next best thing to oem...
Rubber parts - LINEGEAR

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back