• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Shox

So, are the only t-shox in OEM sizes 15, 25, 50, and 75? I mean are there any smaller ones?

I know the shox from other metals will fit in the XS, but they stick out a little on the inner part of the frame. Nothing crazy, but just curious as to what OEM sizes were available for the XS since it's a hollow design.

The reason I ask, is because of the way my head is misshaped, I've found that I have to use two different size shox in my frames. Amazingly this makes them fit perfect.

Size 15 are the smallest they made. Some have tried shaving them down if they're still not small enough.

Size 15 are the smallest they made. Some have tried shaving them down if they're still not small enough.

Not brave enough to do that, not with OEM at least. Maybe I could try with LG rubber. But in all honesty. I think the 15/25 combo works well for me. Just need to pick up some extra 25's now.

BTW did the XS only come in 15?

i think XS only came in 15's. They can however accept Juliet t-shocks as previously mentioned.

I've got loads of spare shocks so if someone wants OEM shaved then I'm happy to custom make them on demand.

So, are the only t-shox in OEM sizes 15, 25, 50, and 75? I mean are there any smaller ones?

I know the shox from other metals will fit in the XS, but they stick out a little on the inner part of the frame. Nothing crazy, but just curious as to what OEM sizes were available for the XS since it's a hollow design.

The reason I ask, is because of the way my head is misshaped, I've found that I have to use two different size shox in my frames. Amazingly this makes them fit perfect.

I do exactly the same, balance out with a 25 and 15 to fit me correctly. T Shock sizes are there to give the right fit for you, NOT just to have them tighter on your head.

Hi

This is probably a dumb question.. But .. How does the shox size 15, 25 etc affect the the sizing of the frame???

Not a dumb post in any sense my friend, sometimes the basics are well over looked. Someone could just leave 15's in all the time leaving them too slack or pulling to one side etc etc. We all have different shape and sized heads, the rubbers go a long way to sorting this out :)

Back