• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Size comparison: Penny, Juliet, XMXX, XS, R1

R1 is the largest frame for sure. Big Melon approved by @QLR1. XS and XX are probably the next biggest. Given the fact that you can change out the temple shox to accommodate different sizes and shapes of skulls, it would just be a matter of preference as to how tight you want them to fit. Only difference with XS is that the earstems are a little shorter than eithe of the others and some do not like where they sit/squeeze.
:rofl: this melon definitely approves of the R1. XS should work, I can get my head in one, I just HATE the look on me. XX is alright on me.

Sent from Q's Note5

I have a big melon so I always thought the XS was best for me. I've never tried the R1 or XX on so was wondering about eye coverage and melon squeeze ;)
Squeeze isn't too bad, but you have to make sure the shocks are in there. I hated the XX once upon a time, but when I tried on @supersharp's XX, there was a difference. So it had to be the shocks.

Sent from Q's Note5

Really helpful thread - thanks. Having a big swede myself, I also thought an XS would fit me best, but now I'm thinking an XX, or an R1, if I can afford one! I wonder how a badman compares to an XX?