• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Size comparison: Penny, Juliet, XMXX, XS, R1

View attachment 270004
Penny, Juliet, XMXX

View attachment 270007
Penny and Juliet

View attachment 270008
Juliet and XMXX

Just thought I'd post some comparison photos. Maybe helpful to some.

View attachment 163002

View attachment 185546
Romeo 1, XMXX, Juliet. (Pic courtesy of @Dnkeyhnter)

View attachment 185547
XMXX, Juliet, Penny (Pic courtesy of @Dnkeyhnter )

Much better comparison pic by Dnkeyhnter

A couple of new photos taking some direction from dnkeyhnter

Adding a few pics for size comparison.

View attachment 269452
So here is XS and XMXX

View attachment 269453
Looks like XMXX is slightly larger than XS

View attachment 269454
Here is R1 and XS

View attachment 269455
Slight difference here between R1 and XS with R1 being larger.

View attachment 269484

View attachment 269485
XS and XMXX

View attachment 269486
Romeo1 and XS
Very helpful indeed, thanks @supersharp @#1 Stunna! for making the comparison thread, love seeing photos!

Reading through this thread, I am trying to figure out which frame out of these has the most similar coverage to Badman. I know, i know, not a true x metal. But i own two and love the coverage. What (excluding Romeo bc my wallet cant hang) has the most similar coverage in terms of field of vision? i had initially thought x squared, but now i see that is not a totally correct presumption if size is the factor. (XX). thank you all for pics and input here. you make this place awesome.

Reading through this thread, I am trying to figure out which frame out of these has the most similar coverage to Badman. I know, i know, not a true x metal. But i own two and love the coverage. What (excluding Romeo bc my wallet cant hang) has the most similar coverage in terms of field of vision? i had initially thought x squared, but now i see that is not a totally correct presumption if size is the factor. (XX). thank you all for pics and input here. you make this place awesome.

XS

XX and XS are a good option for a similar coverage to the Badman. If you have a larger head the XX will feel like it has a little more room at the sides and of the 2, I would go for an XX first.

How is the size and coverage of penny compared to mars and Juliet?

Awesome thread! If I find Juliets fit perfectly, will XS be similar or way bigger? Love the look, and thinking of them as a 2nd XM if I can get them for around $400.

Awesome thread! If I find Juliets fit perfectly, will XS be similar or way bigger? Love the look, and thinking of them as a 2nd XM if I can get them for around $400.

I've got both, and find the Juliets a tight fit with 15 temples, the XS has way better lens coverage but I found them a bit loose with 15 temples and have fitted 25's with which they are still a touch looser than the Juliets, but still a nice fit, never feeling like they are loose or may fall off even on top of my head.