• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Soft Vault

Status
Not open for further replies.
i also put my juliets inside the microfiber bag while inside the x-metal soft vault..just for extra precaution..

Is there a hard case equivalent to the soft vault for xmetals that's smaller than the x metal vault? That thing is too huge to carry around.
don't know if x-metals will fit inside the small carbon fiber case..so I got myself the large one..that way Julie is comfy..

I've got a clamshell Oakley case like the left one Hando posted but smaller and with no foam. I don't know what it's called, but the ones designed for x-metal (Hando's center example) let them rattle around in there too much, IMO (and I'm talking about Juliet's specifically). That clamshell is almost too small with the protruding jet intakes when they are folded but it fits just snugly right... and the case fits perfectly in a particular compartment in my backpack, like it was made for it...

But I always put them in a microfiber bag before putting them in the case. Just being thorough...

Wouldn't mind picking up some more of this case if I knew what they were; it's hard to tell scale in pics but most clamshells I see posted look bigger.

I got a large carbon fiber case as well, and it doesn't fit the juliet at all. Unless they messed up and sent me a small one and I didn't realize it. Honestly, I think one of the best cases that didn't do horribly AND let you store extra lenses is the M Frame Case. I'm not sure if the version I have is still available, it was an SI M Frame... the first version I believe, I got it years ago.

I usually do what Kronin said, Microfiber bag, inside the case... I prefer the X-Metal case myself. I wouldn't use it without the microfiber pouch.

Also, from what I've read, and I'm sure the experts can agree or disagree, there were two sizes of the X-Metal Soft Vault.

***Also, Kronin, could it be the default case that the Flak Jacket comes with? Kinda crescent shaped with no foam in it.

***Also, Kronin, could it be the default case that the Flak Jacket comes with? Kinda crescent shaped with no foam in it.

Might be... I'll post some pics if I have the chance; got some home repairs starting next week. Thanks!!

I got a large carbon fiber case as well, and it doesn't fit the juliet at all.
My bad man..just received the large carbon fiber case I ordered..and you're right, it doesn't fit..I thought it would because they said it was LARGE..oh well..

My Juliets fit in the IH Ballistic case. It is a tight fit, but it still closes fine.

What is this "IH Ballastic case" I'd like to examine at it? (link please).

I have a works in progress for long-term storage solutions (for X-Metals and various extra lenses, and extra components (washers, orbital shifts, couplers, rubbers, you get the idea). (Poly foam ain't cutting it anymore with me).

Some ideas - again these are just ideas. (I am not affiliated with websites). I need to contact them about archival foam.
Foam N' More & Upholstery
Foam N' More & Upholstery

MyCaseBuilder - How to Choose the Right Custom Foam
Request a Shape for Addition to MyCaseBuilder's Shape Library
Custom Foam Case Inserts - MyCaseBuilder.com

I like this case -- but again a project/idea in progress.
CaseCruzer KR0907-04-F case with cubed foam.
KR series carrying case by CaseCruzer

Thanks.

correct, there are 2 sizes of the xmetal soft vault. most newer ones (shipped with the xsquared) are large enough for the romeo but the old ones were not.

juliets will not fit in large carbon vault. only the Mars and Penny (maybe romeo2) will fit into the large carbon vault/ large torpedo vault.

also advise against placing in Mframe or radar or flak jacket cases. those have the wrong curvature for the orbitals and youre just stressing out the flex couplers. youre better off leaving them on a shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.