• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-metal. Sudden Intense Desire.

saulsaul

I am Jim Jannard...
Tokyo
How can I acquire an excellent or mint condition pair of x-metal Juliets free from any risk of fakery or trickery?

I wasn't interested in oakley in the slightest during the years of production (why oh why?!) but now the need for Juliet is intense.

Advise, help, or console.

Check out the x metal exchange section once you've qualified to do so with a dozen or so posts or you hold premium membership. I'm sure you will find what you are looking for from a reliable and trustworthy member there. Keep an eye what is listed for sale or if you are looking for something in a particular colourway, you may post a wtb request.
Good luck!

One of the benefits of being in Japan is having access to Yahoo Auctions. If you haven't set up an account yet, I recommend doing so! Often some nice stuff on there - a really cheap polished carbon Ichiro I notice, bid to £115, BIN of £450 or so, though it lacks a box by the look of it.

Some nice x-metal finishes on there, including a BNIB x-metal/ruby 5th gen.

One of the benefits of being in Japan is having access to Yahoo Auctions. If you haven't set up an account yet, I recommend doing so! Often some nice stuff on there - a really cheap polished carbon Ichiro I notice, bid to £115, BIN of £450 or so, though it lacks a box by the look of it.

Some nice x-metal finishes on there, including a BNIB x-metal/ruby 5th gen.
I never knew about those auctions. Cheers for the info!

Also check out the fake threads here to help see if the ones you're looking at are legit!

Thanks Carrera1963. I was looking at Yahoo Japan before a few days ago and realized it would be very easy to rip a complete novice like me off. Think I'll head over to the exchange section when I'm able, and see if I can do a deal with a trusted member of this site. I did find this on Japan's Rakuten, but over $900!
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/aut/12-726/
Ichiro Juliet 12-726 (limited to a thousand I believe) in slate iridium. Looks in good condition though the description says the box has worn a bit and that the glasses have a fair bit of wear and tear.

WBC Ichiros are the ultimate x-metal Juliet - depending on how much wear, that price is not completely off the radar. Of course, if all you want is an x-metal Juliet, then a WBC is going to be a bit extravagant!

You can always post an auction link here, we can make sure the glasses are correct.

WBC Ichiros are the ultimate x-metal Juliet - depending on how much wear, that price is not completely off the radar. Of course, if all you want is an x-metal Juliet, then a WBC is going to be a bit extravagant!

You can always post an auction link here, we can make sure the glasses are correct.
Thanks for the advice, Carrera1963. Just so I know, can I post auction links in this chain or best to do that in the exchange threads?

Here is better, might think it's your sale in the exchange!

There are some Japan exclusives that people are sometimes after, you might be able to do some good business on the exchange if you avoid the multiple 100% mark ups on them!