• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Tune Up..how Does It Work?

haha yeah.. mine have quite abit of out time, but only when its real bright.. the aftermarket lenses have really low light transmission (heavy mirror coat).. so now the JulieX with Ruby gets the go ahead most days..
The real reason why my Penny doesn't get a lot of face time is because every time I put them on my wife says they're small. LOL

The real reason why my Penny doesn't get a lot of face time is because every time I put them on my wife says they're small. LOL

I know, they look so awesome in the case, then I put them on and it looks like I'm wearing childrens sunglasses.

So, I have a pair of "limp fish" Penny's I would love to revitalize. Oakley US has told me they carry no parts and will not work on them. I saw a post somewhere saying Oakley Australia still works on them, so I might try that. But, does the nose bridge/flex coupler have rubber gaskets like my x-squared's? If they're supposed to, that explains the loose frame. If not, is there some sort of mechanism in there that just needs to be tightened?

I found a local jeweler who would try to take the pins out, but I want to know what's in there before I try letting him at it. If there are supposed to be some rubber gaskets then there is no reason to risk him messing up, but if not, he may be able to open and tighten. Has anybody seen inside this nosebridge or know what's in there?

I just recently got my Penny's back from Oakley and they did a tune up plus I was able to purchase VR28 lenses for them (only color they have left). It did take numerous phone calls to the warranty department until I got someone that knew what they were dealing with. You might even want to ask for a supervisor. I'll do some digging and see who I spoke to but he was very cool and when I asked if I could buy any Penny parts they had laying around he said they recycle them all.

So, I have a pair of "limp fish" Penny's I would love to revitalize. Oakley US has told me they carry no parts and will not work on them. I saw a post somewhere saying Oakley Australia still works on them, so I might try that. But, does the nose bridge/flex coupler have rubber gaskets like my x-squared's? If they're supposed to, that explains the loose frame. If not, is there some sort of mechanism in there that just needs to be tightened?

I found a local jeweler who would try to take the pins out, but I want to know what's in there before I try letting him at it. If there are supposed to be some rubber gaskets then there is no reason to risk him messing up, but if not, he may be able to open and tighten. Has anybody seen inside this nosebridge or know what's in there?

its like the xsquared and juliet, there are rubber bits that wear out and need replacing. i was the one who posted about oakley australia, i just got mine back from them. solid gold, send it to them:)

I hope my Penny's flex coupler never deteriorates. It'd be such a pain to go through the motions of getting it unedited up.

Although I do recall when I picked them up that the guy mentioned he had them tuned up fairly recently.

That would be awesome! I would much rather have them fixed here in the US that send them overseas. As a last resort I'll look into sending them to Oakley Australia, but I know the shipping cost will be a pretty penny...no pun intended. LOL

I just recently got my Penny's back from Oakley and they did a tune up plus I was able to purchase VR28 lenses for them (only color they have left). It did take numerous phone calls to the warranty department until I got someone that knew what they were dealing with. You might even want to ask for a supervisor. I'll do some digging and see who I spoke to but he was very cool and when I asked if I could buy any Penny parts they had laying around he said they recycle them all.

That would be awesome! I would much rather have them fixed here in the US that send them overseas. As a last resort I'll look into sending them to Oakley Australia, but I know the shipping cost will be a pretty penny...no pun intended. LOL

if any of you do eventually send to Oakley Australia, send me the details and I can be your person to keep calling them if something does go wrong, like them losing the Penny's and sending them walkies around the factory again. haha.

Back