• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Unobtanium - Interchangeable?

Meh... Any suggestions then?
Perhaps a lil' bit of filling inside the juliet nose bombs? or some other model that might do it?

tried asking HQ for new nosebombs? R2 only recently got discontinued, they should still have parts for it. i just got a R2 small nosebomb set from oakley australia 2 months back. I have all the Xmetal models, and the R2's is unique. in fact, all Xmetals have unique nosebombs..with maybe the exception of the Xsquared sharing with Juliet? (i have yet to test it, just by looking it seems maybe)

So after spending quite a few hours running from one store to another and talking to Luxottica reps on the phone, it turns out that not only i won't be able to get the R2 nosebombs but also that Luxottica in Israel has decided in collaboration with whoever in Oakley is in charge of these kind of things that they won't bring any X-Metals that require flex coupler repairs or to be more accurate nothing that required technician's work.
That decision was made coz of customs issues with transferring the glasses to either Ireland or the US that caused too many problems in the past - they prefer to just not sell'em here so they won't be required to service them -.-
What about the many pairs that were already sold? as the rep told me after i kept naggin' - "get a different pair or try doing it yourself" , when some1 tells you that, they clearly don't know what they're talking about, so i stopped there.
Gonna contact Oakley's customer service and see if there's an option i didn't explore.
Back on topic - a friend gave me a big bunch of nose bombs and temple shox a while back, one of'em did fit! so the R2s are back to normal.
Now i just have to figure out what to do with a juliet and a penny that need tightening.

Nose bombs available anywhere?

Any updates where one can find replacement nose bombs for the X Metal XX? I called Oakley and they said they're completely out of stock, and the factory in Nevada that manufactured the X metals will be rebuilt but no estimate when. I checked Ebay today and could only find it for Juliets and newer Xsquared model...

Any updates where one can find replacement nose bombs for the X Metal XX? I called Oakley and they said they're completely out of stock, and the factory in Nevada that manufactured the X metals will be rebuilt but no estimate when. I checked Ebay today and could only find it for Juliets and newer Xsquared model...

try oakley Australia. I had mine recently (6months ago) tuned and got my nosebombs replaced. i wont hold my breath though, i was SO surprised they had them. these are getting so rare its crazy.hopefully linegear will make aftermarkets of them soon..

Ok, here is a breakdown on just a few of the common swaps that can be done, if you need something specific just ask.......

Juliet earsocks fit: Juliet, Xmetal XX, Romeo, Penny, Mars
Juliet temple shocks fit: Juliet, Xmetal XX, Romeo, Mars
Juliet nose bombs fit: Juliet, X squared

Xmetal XX Earsocks fit: Xmetal XX, Juliet, Romeo, Penny, Mars
Xmetal XX temple shocks fit: Xmetal XX, Juliet, Romeo, Mars
Xmetal XX nose bombs fit: Xmetal XX

Romeo 1 nose bombs fit: Romeo 1 and Mars
Romeo 1 earsocks fit: Romeo 1, Juliet, Xmetal XX, Penny, Mars
Romeo 1 temple shocks fit: Romeo 1, Juliet, Xmetal XX, Mars

Romeo 2 Earsocks, temple shocks, and nose bombs fit: Only fit Romeo 2

Penny earsocks fit: Penny, Juliet, Xmetal XX, Romeo 1, Mars
Penny nosebombs fit: Penny

Half X earsocks fit: Half X

X squared earsocks fit: X squared
Xsquared nose bombs fit: X squared, Juliet
X squared tempe shocks fit: X squared

(The one I bolded) makes sense, since the lens are indeed bigger on the XX, but the stems are still the same as the juliet.

So this means I can get Xsquared nosebombs for my juliets.. nice, good to know

Does anyone know if the juliet nosebombs will fit the xmetal xx? Ive heard its a stretch but they do. Anyone confirm?

They will fit but it is literally a "stretch".....put the pads in really hot water for a few minutes to get the Juliet pads a little more soft. This will help getting the pad on. And put the top of the pad on first to avoid a puncture.

Latest Posts

Back